* meta-gnome: what are dependencies for gnome-full-desktop (gnome interface)
@ 2018-11-14  8:41 Knoppix
From: Knoppix @ 2018-11-14  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto, openembedded-core

(Excuse me for my english I am not native)

One disappointment for me was learn that meta-gnome is not fully-supported
for running desktop. So i want to write all remain recipes to use desktop
environment. I want to start from scratch (except from meta-debian-recipes)
because for learn gnome world.

Dear friends, how can I learn what are the necessary binaries&libraries for
gnome interface (i.e: desktop window&display-manager panel, topbar,
settings and other UI full-desktop-environment) to use on yocto project?
Which project is I should start to write its recipe?

My question is what should I search on search-engines?
Would you advice me a tutorial&manual please?

Kind regards.

* Re: [OE-core] meta-gnome: what are dependencies for gnome-full-desktop (gnome interface)
@ 2018-11-14 11:25   ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2018-11-14 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 at 08:42, Knoppix <theknoppix@gmail.com> wrote:

> (Excuse me for my english I am not native)
>
> One disappointment for me was learn that meta-gnome is not fully-supported
> for running desktop. So i want to write all remain recipes to use desktop
> environment. I want to start from scratch (except from meta-debian-recipes)
> because for learn gnome world.
>
> Dear friends, how can I learn what are the necessary binaries&libraries
> for gnome interface (i.e: desktop window&display-manager panel, topbar,
> settings and other UI full-desktop-environment) to use on yocto project?
> Which project is I should start to write its recipe?

If you just want to know what the GNOME dependencies are then you should be
asking GNOME.  GNOME has a build tool called jhbuild, the module sets in
tht list all of the dependencies required.

Note that there's a series to add the GNOME 3 desktop to meta-gnome under
review on the openembedded-devel list, so working on that would avoid
duplication of effort.

Ross

From: Burton, Ross @ 2018-11-14 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2018-11-14 11:46     ` Knoppix
From: Knoppix @ 2018-11-14 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ross.burton; +Cc: yocto, openembedded-core

My question were implement the missing recipes for yocto->meta-gnome
To start from point I did want to learn dependency graphic of gnome3.
I subscripted devel right know.

Mr Burton: Thank you.

From: Knoppix @ 2018-11-14 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ross.burton; +Cc: yocto, openembedded-core

@ 2018-11-14 11:48       ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2018-11-14 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 at 11:46, Knoppix <theknoppix@gmail.com> wrote:

> My question were implement the missing recipes for yocto->meta-gnome
> To start from point I did want to learn dependency graphic of gnome3.
> I subscripted devel right know.

Just to repeat: all of the recipes you'll need to write are on the oe-devel
list now.  They need work and testing, and your contributions are welcome.

From: Burton, Ross @ 2018-11-14 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)