* Compilation error while adding perf tool to the rootfs
@ 2016-07-27  2:17 Vijayakumar Badiger
From: Vijayakumar Badiger @ 2016-07-27  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello All,

I am trying to integrate perf tool to my custom rootfs image, while
bitbaking the perf I am getting below error.

 *fatal error: asm/preempt.h: No such file or directory*

Can you pls let me know how to fix this issue. Thanks.

Cheers,
Vijay

* Re: Compilation error while adding perf tool to the rootfs
@ 2016-07-27 18:49 ` Vijayakumar Badiger
From: Vijayakumar Badiger @ 2016-07-27 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello All

We have a requirement here to set up the perf tool through our Yocto frame
work.
As Perf source comes with linux kernel under tools/perf ,so I added this
perf tool to be installed
as part of my rootfs image.

But when I build the image I am getting error related to headerfile missing.

*fatal error: asm/preempt.h: No such file or directory*

I checked for this header file I dont have this header file in my kernel
arch/arm64/include/asm/
Please can you let me know how to fix this issue. Thanks.

Cheers,
Vijay

@ 2016-07-27 21:53   ` Vijayakumar Badiger
From: Vijayakumar Badiger @ 2016-07-27 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Please let me know if anyone is aware of this.. I am currently blocked,
appreciate your help on this.Thanks.

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 11:49 AM, Vijayakumar Badiger <

@ 2016-07-28  1:32     ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2016-07-28  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vijayakumar Badiger; +Cc: yocto

> On Jul 27, 2016, at 2:53 PM, Vijayakumar Badiger <vijayakumarmb@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Please let me know if anyone is aware of this.. I am currently blocked, appreciate your help on this.Thanks.
>
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 11:49 AM, Vijayakumar Badiger <vijayakumarmb@gmail.com <mailto:vijayakumarmb@gmail.com>> wrote:
> Hello All
>
> We have a requirement here to set up the perf tool through our Yocto frame work.
> As Perf source comes with linux kernel under tools/perf ,so I added this perf tool to be installed
> as part of my rootfs image.
>
> But when I build the image I am getting error related to headerfile missing.
>
> fatal error: asm/preempt.h: No such file or directory

This file is not a user API. So you have to depend on virtual/kernel may be something like inherit kernelsrc
if you are using latest master.

> I checked for this header file I dont have this header file in my kernel arch/arm64/include/asm/
> Please can you let me know how to fix this issue. Thanks.
>
> Cheers,
> Vijay
>

> On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 7:17 PM, Vijayakumar Badiger <vijayakumarmb@gmail.com <mailto:vijayakumarmb@gmail.com>> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am trying to integrate perf tool to my custom rootfs image, while bitbaking the perf I am getting below error.
>
>  fatal error: asm/preempt.h: No such file or directory
>

> Can you pls let me know how to fix this issue. Thanks.
>
> Cheers,
> Vijay

[-- Attachment #2: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail --]

* Re: Compilation error while adding perf tool to the rootfs
@ 2016-07-28  9:17     ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2016-07-28  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vijayakumar Badiger; +Cc: yocto

On 27 July 2016 at 22:53, Vijayakumar Badiger <vijayakumarmb@gmail.com>
wrote:

> We have a requirement here to set up the perf tool through our Yocto frame
> work.
> As Perf source comes with linux kernel under tools/perf ,so I added this
> perf tool to be installed
> as part of my rootfs image.
>
> But when I build the image I am getting error related to headerfile
> missing.
>
> *fatal error: asm/preempt.h: No such file or directory*

Perf builds for me fine using oe-core's perf recipe and meta-intel's
kernel, so are you using your own recipe for perf or the kernel?

Ross

* Re: Compilation error while adding perf tool to the rootfs
@ 2016-07-28 16:54       ` Vijayakumar Badiger
From: Vijayakumar Badiger @ 2016-07-28 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: yocto