* about add python3 modules
@ 2017-10-30 20:36 Lai Y.C.
From: Lai Y.C. @ 2017-10-30 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I need to include python3 and some modules on my board. We are using yocto
1.7.1 .
I have included python3 and python3-modules into the image.
Python3 is able to run but there are problems with the modules.

1. when I import "subprocess" module,  it gives errors that the module
"_posixsubprocess" is not found. How should I include _posixsubprocess ?
2. There are couple of modules that are installed but they are found when I
used it. i.e. I have the argparse.py in /usr/lib/python3.3. However, the
module is not found when I try to import it. (tested with python3 -c
"import argparse"). Any clue what hasn't be set-up properly?

Thanks

//Ying

* Re: about add python3 modules
@ 2017-10-30 23:02 ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2017-10-30 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lai Y.C.; +Cc: yocto

1.7.1 is pretty old, there were some packaging problems.  Try adding
python3-misc to the image too.

If that doesn't work, use 'oe-pkgdata-util list-pkg-files -r python3' to
list all the files built by the python3 recipe and to find out what files
are missing.

Ross

@ 2017-10-31 20:21   ` Lai Y.C.
From: Lai Y.C. @ 2017-10-31 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)