* Marvell Avanta UART booting
@ 2022-02-06 23:37 Tony Dinh
From: Tony Dinh @ 2022-02-06 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Marek Behún, Stefan Roese, Tom Rini

Hi Pali,

I've also tried the latest kwboot with the Marvell Avanta SoC. AFAICT,
it works fine.

Board: ActionTec MI424WR-I
SoC:   88F6560 A0

Thanks,
Tony

* Re: Marvell Avanta UART booting
@ 2022-02-07  8:44 ` Pali Rohár
From: Pali Rohár @ 2022-02-07  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sunday 06 February 2022 15:37:53 Tony Dinh wrote:
> Hi Pali,
>
> I've also tried the latest kwboot with the Marvell Avanta SoC. AFAICT,
> it works fine.
>
> Board: ActionTec MI424WR-I
> SoC:   88F6560 A0
>
> Thanks,
> Tony

Perfect, thank you for information. We may extend documentation. But as
I do not have any Avanta SoC and neither documentation, I cannot help or
debug this SoC family.

* Re: Marvell Avanta UART booting
@ 2022-02-07  8:58   ` Tony Dinh
From: Tony Dinh @ 2022-02-07  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pali Rohár

Hi Pali,

On Mon, Feb 7, 2022 at 12:44 AM Pali Rohár <pali@kernel.org> wrote:

> On Sunday 06 February 2022 15:37:53 Tony Dinh wrote:
> > Hi Pali,
> >
> > I've also tried the latest kwboot with the Marvell Avanta SoC. AFAICT,
> > it works fine.
> >
> > Board: ActionTec MI424WR-I
> > SoC:   88F6560 A0
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tony
>
> Perfect, thank you for information. We may extend documentation. But as
> I do not have any Avanta SoC and neither documentation, I cannot help or
> debug this SoC family.

I'll report when I come across anything of interest. We don't have any
Avanta SoC documentation either. But I do have GPL source code for the
MI424WR-I stock u-boot, which I've been extracting information from.
I'm running Linux kernel 5.16.5 on it.

@ 2022-02-07  9:01     ` Pali Rohár
From: Pali Rohár @ 2022-02-07  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday 07 February 2022 00:58:56 Tony Dinh wrote:
> Hi Pali,
>
> On Mon, Feb 7, 2022 at 12:44 AM Pali Rohár <pali@kernel.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Sunday 06 February 2022 15:37:53 Tony Dinh wrote:
> > > Hi Pali,
> > >
> > > I've also tried the latest kwboot with the Marvell Avanta SoC. AFAICT,
> > > it works fine.
> > >
> > > Board: ActionTec MI424WR-I
> > > SoC:   88F6560 A0
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Tony
> >
> > Perfect, thank you for information. We may extend documentation. But as
> > I do not have any Avanta SoC and neither documentation, I cannot help or
> > debug this SoC family.
>
> I'll report when I come across anything of interest. We don't have any
> Avanta SoC documentation either. But I do have GPL source code for the
> MI424WR-I stock u-boot, which I've been extracting information from.
> I'm running Linux kernel 5.16.5 on it.
>
> Thanks,
> Tony

I know that Avanta U-Boot code is also on Marvell github and it is in
common codebase where is also Armada. So would expect that Avanta image
formats are similar of not exactly same as Armada.