* [U-Boot] U-Boot maintainers: some boards are broken by recent mach-type update
@ 2011-10-28 18:00 Albert ARIBAUD
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Albert ARIBAUD @ 2011-10-28 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello all,

Recently the ARM mach-types.h file has been brought in sync with its
Linux original, leasing to a number of boards not being listed any more,
as the new list only contains boards which have actual Linux support or
were declared less than one year ago.

The symptom is a build failure with a message of the form "error:
'MACH_TYPE_XXXXXX' undeclared (first use in this function)".

U-Boot maintainers of such boards (in Cc: of this mail) should provide a
patch to re-introduce the MACH_TYPE_XXXXXX definition in their boards'
config header file in include/configs/.

Note that three boards do not have a maintainer and will be removed if
nobody steps forward to take over their maintainership. They have been
listed below as ORPHAN, and since they are all PXA boards, I have CC:ed
Marek just in case.

Here is the list of broken boards (BTW: how about putting maintainer
identity in boards.cfg, or at least turning MAINTAINERS into a format
more easily parseable?)

-------------------------

Ajay Bhargav <ajay.bhargav@einfochips.com>

	gplugd		ARM926EJS (ARMADA100 88AP168 SoC)

Luca Ceresoli <luca.ceresoli@comelit.it>

	dig297		ARM ARMV7 (OMAP3530 SoC)

Po-Yu Chuang <ratbert@faraday-tech.com>

	a320evb		FA526 (ARM920T-like) (a320 SoC)

Daniel Gorsulowski <daniel.gorsulowski@esd.eu>

	meesc		ARM926EJS (AT91SAM9263 SoC)
	otc570		ARM926EJS (AT91SAM9263 SoC)

Ilko Iliev <iliev@ronetix.at>

	PM9261		AT91SAM9261
	PM9263		AT91SAM9263
	PM9G45		ARM926EJS (AT91SAM9G45 SoC)

Prakash Kumar <prakash@embedx.com>

	cerf250		xscale/pxa

Valentin Longchamp <valentin.longchamp@keymile.com>

	km_kirkwood	ARM926EJS (Kirkwood SoC)
	portl2		ARM926EJS (Kirkwood SoC)

David M?ller <d.mueller@elsoft.ch>

	VCMA9		ARM920T

Jens Scharsig <esw@bus-elektronik.de>

	eb_cpux9k2	ARM920T (AT91RM9200 SoC)

Heiko Schocher <hs@denx.de>

	mgcoge3un	ARM926EJS (Kirkwood SoC)

Robert Schwebel <r.schwebel@pengutronix.de>

	csb226		xscale/pxa
	innokom		xscale/pxa

Albin Tonnerre <albin.tonnerre@free-electrons.com>

	sbc35_a9g20	ARM926EJS (AT91SAM9G20 SoC)
	tny_a9260	ARM926EJS (AT91SAM9260 SoC)
	tny_a9g20	ARM926EJS (AT91SAM9G20 SoC)

Matthias Weisser <weisserm@arcor.de>

	jadecpu		ARM926EJS (MB86R01 SoC)

ORPHAN:

	cradle		xscale/pxa
	pleb2		xscale/pxa
	xm250		xscale/pxa

Amicalement,
--
Albert.

* [U-Boot] U-Boot maintainers: some boards are broken by recent mach-type update
@ 2011-10-28 21:10 ` Marek Vasut
From: Marek Vasut @ 2011-10-28 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Albert,

> Hello all,
>
> Recently the ARM mach-types.h file has been brought in sync with its
> Linux original, leasing to a number of boards not being listed any more,
> as the new list only contains boards which have actual Linux support or
> were declared less than one year ago.
>
> The symptom is a build failure with a message of the form "error:
> 'MACH_TYPE_XXXXXX' undeclared (first use in this function)".
>
> U-Boot maintainers of such boards (in Cc: of this mail) should provide a
> patch to re-introduce the MACH_TYPE_XXXXXX definition in their boards'
> config header file in include/configs/.
>
> Note that three boards do not have a maintainer and will be removed if
> nobody steps forward to take over their maintainership. They have been
> listed below as ORPHAN, and since they are all PXA boards, I have CC:ed
> Marek just in case.
>
> Here is the list of broken boards (BTW: how about putting maintainer
> identity in boards.cfg, or at least turning MAINTAINERS into a format
> more easily parseable?)
>
> -------------------------
>
> Ajay Bhargav <ajay.bhargav@einfochips.com>
>
> 	gplugd		ARM926EJS (ARMADA100 88AP168 SoC)

Ajay, you have warnings in your damn ethernet code !!! Have you ever tested it
?!

> Luca Ceresoli <luca.ceresoli@comelit.it>
>
> 	dig297		ARM ARMV7 (OMAP3530 SoC)
>
> Po-Yu Chuang <ratbert@faraday-tech.com>
>
> 	a320evb		FA526 (ARM920T-like) (a320 SoC)
>
> Daniel Gorsulowski <daniel.gorsulowski@esd.eu>
>
> 	meesc		ARM926EJS (AT91SAM9263 SoC)
> 	otc570		ARM926EJS (AT91SAM9263 SoC)
>
> Ilko Iliev <iliev@ronetix.at>
>
> 	PM9261		AT91SAM9261
> 	PM9263		AT91SAM9263
> 	PM9G45		ARM926EJS (AT91SAM9G45 SoC)
>
> Prakash Kumar <prakash@embedx.com>
>
> 	cerf250		xscale/pxa

Drop unless I get fixes from maintainer in a week or request for longer time to
fix.

> Valentin Longchamp <valentin.longchamp@keymile.com>
>
> 	km_kirkwood	ARM926EJS (Kirkwood SoC)
> 	portl2		ARM926EJS (Kirkwood SoC)
>
> David M?ller <d.mueller@elsoft.ch>
>
> 	VCMA9		ARM920T
>
> Jens Scharsig <esw@bus-elektronik.de>
>
> 	eb_cpux9k2	ARM920T (AT91RM9200 SoC)
>
> Heiko Schocher <hs@denx.de>
>
> 	mgcoge3un	ARM926EJS (Kirkwood SoC)
>
> Robert Schwebel <r.schwebel@pengutronix.de>
>
> 	csb226		xscale/pxa
> 	innokom		xscale/pxa

Drop unless I get fixes from maintainer in a week or request for longer time to
fix. (here I have some feeling it's not gonna be fixed)

> Albin Tonnerre <albin.tonnerre@free-electrons.com>
>
> 	sbc35_a9g20	ARM926EJS (AT91SAM9G20 SoC)
> 	tny_a9260	ARM926EJS (AT91SAM9260 SoC)
> 	tny_a9g20	ARM926EJS (AT91SAM9G20 SoC)
>
> Matthias Weisser <weisserm@arcor.de>
>
> 	jadecpu		ARM926EJS (MB86R01 SoC)
>
> ORPHAN:
>
> 	cradle		xscale/pxa
> 	pleb2		xscale/pxa
> 	xm250		xscale/pxa

Drop, sorry.

Cheers

* [U-Boot] U-Boot maintainers: some boards are broken by recent mach-type update
@ 2011-10-28 21:22   ` Robert Schwebel
From: Robert Schwebel @ 2011-10-28 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Marek,

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 11:10:08PM +0200, Marek Vasut wrote:
> > Robert Schwebel <r.schwebel@pengutronix.de>
> >
> > 	csb226		xscale/pxa
> > 	innokom		xscale/pxa
>
> Drop unless I get fixes from maintainer in a week or request for
> longer time to fix. (here I have some feeling it's not gonna be fixed)

They won't. Both boards are not in my hands any more and long obsolete.
So from my side, dropping them is just fine.

rsc

* [U-Boot] U-Boot maintainers: some boards are broken by recent mach-type update
@ 2011-10-28 23:18   ` Mike Frysinger
From: Mike Frysinger @ 2011-10-28 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 23:10, Marek Vasut wrote:
>> Here is the list of broken boards
>>
>> Ajay Bhargav <ajay.bhargav@einfochips.com>
>>
>> ? ? ? gplugd ? ? ? ? ?ARM926EJS (ARMADA100 88AP168 SoC)
>
> Ajay, you have warnings in your damn ethernet code !!! Have you ever tested it
> ?!

let's be a little more accommodating from the get-go and assume that
they have, and that something has changed in parallel
-mike

* [U-Boot] U-Boot maintainers: some boards are broken by recent mach-type update
@ 2011-10-28 23:20 ` Mike Frysinger
From: Mike Frysinger @ 2011-10-28 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 20:00, Albert ARIBAUD wrote:
> (BTW: how about putting maintainer
> identity in boards.cfg, or at least turning MAINTAINERS into a format
> more easily parseable?)

having a MAINTAINERS file that is compatible in syntax with the Linux
kernel is nice, but i guess boards.cfg does make sense in the u-boot
context in that it's a single db of board info.  perhaps we could have
it list aliases though and then we could maintain a muttrc compatible
file which binds aliases to e-mails/names so we could directly
leverage it from .git/mailrc ?
-mike

* [U-Boot] U-Boot maintainers: some boards are broken by recent mach-type update
@ 2011-11-05  8:25 ` "David Müller (ELSOFT AG)"
From: "David Müller (ELSOFT AG)" @ 2011-11-05  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Albert

Albert ARIBAUD wrote:
> U-Boot maintainers of such boards (in Cc: of this mail) should provide a
> patch to re-introduce the MACH_TYPE_XXXXXX definition in their boards'
> config header file in include/configs/.

Could you please apply the following patches:

- http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/122787/
- http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/122786/

Thank you

Dave