* sdk
@ 2018-05-07 22:26 C Michael Sundius
From: C Michael Sundius @ 2018-05-07 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core

Hi All,

I've been scratching my head all day about why I can build my recipe under
bitbake, but whne I try to build w/ the SDK I create w/ bitbake -c
populate_sdk <my-image> it cant find the headers for the libraries that I
depend upon.

somehow when I create the sdk, it does not include the header files for the
dependent libs. I see the .so files in the sysroot, but I don't see any of
the header files.

I don't see any of the headers for libxml2,  or the other libs.. those are
simply standard recipes from yocto.

any thoughts what am i doing wrong?

-----------------------
inherit abc-cmake
inherit pkgconfig
inherit systemd

EXTRA_OECMAKE_append = "\
    -DENABLE_SYSTEMD=ON \
    -DENABLE_API=ON \
    -DENABLE_CONFIG=ON \
    -DENABLE_UNITTEST=ON \
    -DENABLE_TUNCTL=ON \
    -DENABLE_WATCHDOG=ON \
    -DENABLE_AESNI=ON \
    -DFORCE_ALIGNMENT=OFF \
    -DENABLE_TRACE=OFF \
    -DENABLE_TUNING=OFF \
"

EXTRA_OECMAKE_append_abc-dev = " -DENABLE_TRACE=ON"
EXTRA_OECMAKE_append_abc-dbg = " -DENABLE_TUNING=ON"

LIC_FILES_CHKSUM = "file://COPYING;md5=8b5f7a1e89273c8fd243ca57ad73e483"

SRC_URI += "file://myprog.service"
SRC_URI += "file://myprog.conf"

SYSTEMD_SERVICE_${PN} = "myprog.service"
SYSTEMD_AUTO_ENABLE_${PN} = "enable"

do_install_append () {
        #install systemd service file
        install -d ${D}${systemd_system_unitdir}
        install -m 0644 ${WORKDIR}/udpf.service
${D}${systemd_system_unitdir}

        #install tmpfiles.d configuration file
        install -d ${D}${sysconfdir}/tmpfiles.d
        install -m 0644 ${WORKDIR}/udpf.conf ${D}${sysconfdir}/tmpfiles.d/
}

PACKAGES =+ "${PN}-utilities ${PN}-samples ${PN}-conf"

FILES_${PN} += "${sbindir}/dpfd"
FILES_${PN}-dev += "\
    ${sbindir}/segtest \
    ${sbindir}/ttest \
    ${sbindir}/workq \
"
FILES_${PN}-utilities += "${sbindir}/tunctl ${sbindir}/tapctl"
FILES_${PN}-samples += "${datadir}/*"
FILES_${PN}-conf += "${sysconfdir}/dpf/*"

RDEPENDS_${PN}-samples += "python"
DEPENDS = "libxml2 libevent nss systemd concurrencykit netmap"
RDEPENDS_${PN} = "libxml2 libevent nss systemd python-core
kernel-module-tun netmap"
RDEPENDS_${PN} += "libxml2 libevent nss-dev systemd python-core
kernel-module-tun netmap"

* Re: sdk
@ 2018-05-07 23:42 ` Joshua Watt
From: Joshua Watt @ 2018-05-07 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: C Michael Sundius; +Cc: OE-core

On Mon, May 7, 2018, 17:26 C Michael Sundius <msundius@sundius.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've been scratching my head all day about why I can build my recipe under
> bitbake, but whne I try to build w/ the SDK I create w/ bitbake -c
> populate_sdk <my-image> it cant find the headers for the libraries that I
> depend upon.
>
> somehow when I create the sdk, it does not include the header files for
> the dependent libs. I see the .so files in the sysroot, but I don't see any
> of the header files.
>
> I don't see any of the headers for libxml2,  or the other libs.. those are
> simply standard recipes from yocto.
>
> any thoughts what am i doing wrong?

Maybe  "dev-pkgs" was accidentally removed from SDKIMAGE_FEATURES?

* Re: SDK
@ 2015-11-16 21:49   ` Martin Townsend
From: Martin Townsend @ 2015-11-16 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bryan Evenson; +Cc: yocto

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for the reply.  I'm just doing a dry run with some sample
applications using the SDK and the command line and all is looking good.  I
didn't know about the "eclipse-debug" so I'll take a look at this.  Sadly
all the dev and dbg packages are probably not going to fit into the flash
but I'll keep a copy of the dbg packages somewhere in case a developer
wants to debug into a library.  They can scp it onto their board and
install it.  If I also include gdbserver and lttng packages for the target
then hopefully this should be a good start.

Regards,
Martin.

* Re: SDK
@ 2015-11-16 18:25 ` Bryan Evenson