* Image installation problems after an upgrade to gatesgarth
@ 2021-02-09 15:25 Ori Pessach
From: Ori Pessach @ 2021-02-09 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I have an image that was building and working fine with an older release of
Poky. The target system is genericx86-64, and I'm trying to create a boot
USB drive that installs the system on the PC it boots on.

Like I said, this was working fine before.

With gatesgarth, I'm only getting the "boot" option in grub. I have a
grub-bootconf bbappend file that sets LABELS to "install" (the only option
I want) and a couple of bbappend files modifying the init-install-efi.sh
file in initrdscripts. I can see that the grub.cfg file generated during
the build is correct (under
tmp/work/genericx86_64-poky-linux/grub-bootconf/1.00-r0/image/boot/EFI/BOOT/grub.cfg)
and yet, the wic image only has the boot option.

How do I get the install grub option into the image?

The image is based on core-image-sato.

Thanks,

Ori Pessach

* Re: [yocto] Image installation problems after an upgrade to gatesgarth
@ 2021-02-09 16:15 ` Anuj Mittal
From: Anuj Mittal @ 2021-02-09 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto, mail

On Tue, 2021-02-09 at 08:25 -0700, Ori Pessach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an image that was building and working fine with an older
> release of Poky. The target system is genericx86-64, and I'm trying
> to create a boot USB drive that installs the system on the PC it
> boots on.
>
> Like I said, this was working fine before.
>
> With gatesgarth, I'm only getting the "boot" option in grub. I have a
> grub-bootconf bbappend file that sets LABELS to "install" (the only
> option I want) and a couple of bbappend files modifying the init-
> install-efi.sh file in initrdscripts. I can see that the grub.cfg
> file generated during the build is correct (under
> tmp/work/genericx86_64-poky-linux/grub-bootconf/1.00-
> r0/image/boot/EFI/BOOT/grub.cfg) and yet, the wic image only has the
> boot option.
>
> How do I get the install grub option into the image?

You can build the hddimg image by changing IMAGE_FSTYPES to live which
has the boot and install option. I think it used to be live until zeus.

If you want to use that init-install-efi script with wic, these steps
might help:

https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-intel/tree/README#n208

Thanks,

Anuj