* patch testing service here ?
@ 2021-03-29 19:31 jim.cromie
From: jim.cromie @ 2021-03-29 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lkp

hi all,

I think im in the right place.

I recently sent a patchset to LKML, and the robot found some
crap that betrays my lack of automatic alt-config testing.

does the kernel test robot watch this list too ?
if so, can/should I use it for infant-mortality testing of revisions ?

is there a FAQ somewhere about auto-testing service,
what lists are watched, how to submit a github repo for testing ?
in case thats so, Ive pushed my next rev

https://github.com/jimc/linux.git /lkp-test/dyndbg-diet

and since Im getting oriented (I hope)
whats the right usage of Reported-by ?

-v5 fix !CONFIG_DYNAMIC_DEBUG fn-stub
Reported-by: kernel test robot <lkp@intel.com>
or maybe
Reported-by: <lkp@intel.com> # fix !CONFIG_DYNAMIC_DEBUG fn-stub

lastly, my patchset needs CONFIG_DYNAMIC_DEBUG=y for active testing, does
the robot know that from context ?
or is there a simple way to tell it ?

[-- Attachment #2: attachment.htm --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 1336 bytes --]

* Re: patch testing service here ?
@ 2021-03-30  2:38 ` Rong Chen
From: Rong Chen @ 2021-03-30  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lkp

Hi Jim,

On 3/30/21 3:31 AM, jim.cromie(a)gmail.com wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I think im in the right place.
>
> I recently sent a patchset to LKML, and the robot found some
> crap that betrays my lack of automatic alt-config testing.
>
> does the kernel test robot watch this list too ?
yes, we watch the lkml and other kernel mailing lists.

> if so, can/should I use it for infant-mortality testing of revisions ?
we'll catch the revisions automatically.

https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/wiki/LKP-FAQ

> what lists are watched, how to submit a github repo for testing ?
> in case thats so, Ive pushed my next rev
>
> https://github.com/jimc/linux.git /lkp-test/dyndbg-diet
I have added your tree to our watch list, and we will send a build
complete report to you if any branch updated.

> and since Im getting oriented (I hope)
> whats the right usage of Reported-by ?

Actually if the patch is WIP, you can mention it in the commit log,
if you want to create a new commit to fix it, please add 'Reported-by'.

> -v5 fix !CONFIG_DYNAMIC_DEBUG fn-stub
> Reported-by: kernel test robot <lkp(a)intel.com <mailto:lkp@intel.com>>
> or maybe
> Reported-by: <lkp(a)intel.com <mailto:lkp@intel.com>> # fix
> !CONFIG_DYNAMIC_DEBUG fn-stub
>
> lastly, my patchset needs CONFIG_DYNAMIC_DEBUG=y for active testing,
> does the robot know that from context ?
> or is there a simple way to tell it ?

Don't worry, we have several default config files include
"CONFIG_DYNAMIC_DEBUG=y".

Best Regards,
Rong Chen

* Re: patch testing service here ?