* [Qemu-devel] QEMU GSoC 2016: MTTCG project
@ 2016-02-15 22:39 Pranith Kumar
From: Pranith Kumar @ 2016-02-15 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel, MTTCG Devel; +Cc: Alex Bennée

Hello,

I am interested in working on a portion of the MTTCG project as part
of GSoC 2016. I am writing to ask for guidance in creating a formal
proposal.

On IRC, Alex suggested a project to support proper modelling of memory
consistency between different host and guest architectures. This, I
think is going to based on top of Alvise's work. I am comfortable in
working with various memory consistency models and have a decent
programming experience.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions for projects or
any other related advice.

Thanks!
--
Pranith

* Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU GSoC 2016: MTTCG project
@ 2016-02-16 16:07 ` Alex Bennée
From: Alex Bennée @ 2016-02-16 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pranith Kumar; +Cc: MTTCG Devel, qemu-devel, Stefan Hajnoczi

Pranith Kumar <bobby.prani@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am interested in working on a portion of the MTTCG project as part
> of GSoC 2016. I am writing to ask for guidance in creating a formal
> proposal.
>
> On IRC, Alex suggested a project to support proper modelling of memory
> consistency between different host and guest architectures. This, I
> think is going to based on top of Alvise's work. I am comfortable in
> working with various memory consistency models and have a decent
> programming experience.

I've updated the wiki:

http://wiki.qemu.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2016#Multi-threaded_TCG_Projects

Could you please have a read through and then we can arrange a meeting
(IRC or Video Call) and talk through the problem. I'll talk to Stefan
about what steps would be needed if the project was accepted.

> Please let me know if you have any other suggestions for projects or
> any other related advice.

I've added a Further Reading section which should give you enough to go
through for now ;-)

--
Alex Bennée