* MIPS: BMIPS: broken select on RAW_IRQ_ACCESSORS
@ 2015-03-26 10:47 Valentin Rothberg
From: Valentin Rothberg @ 2015-03-26 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cernekee
  Cc: ralf, jaedon.shin, linux-mips, linux-kernel, Paul Bolle,
	Andreas Ruprecht, hengelein Stefan

Hi Kevin,

your commit dd6d84812b1a ("MIPS: BMIPS: Enable additional peripheral
and CPU support in defconfig") adds a select on the Kconfig symbol
RAW_IRQ_ACCESORS.   However, this symbol is not defined in Kconfig so
that the select turns out to be a NOOP.

Is there a patch scheduled somewhere to add this symbol to Kconfig?

I detected this issue with ./scripts/checkkconfigsymbols.py.  Since
commit b1a3f243485f ("checkkconfigsymbols.py: make it Git aware") the
script can check and diff specified Git commits.  I found
RAW_IRQ_ACCESORS by diffing yesterday's and today's next trees (--diff
commit..commit2).

Kind regards,
 Valentin

* Re: MIPS: BMIPS: broken select on RAW_IRQ_ACCESSORS
@ 2015-03-26 13:41 ` Kevin Cernekee
From: Kevin Cernekee @ 2015-03-26 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Valentin Rothberg
	Paul Bolle, Andreas Ruprecht, hengelein Stefan

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 3:47 AM, Valentin Rothberg
<valentinrothberg@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> your commit dd6d84812b1a ("MIPS: BMIPS: Enable additional peripheral
> and CPU support in defconfig") adds a select on the Kconfig symbol
> RAW_IRQ_ACCESORS.   However, this symbol is not defined in Kconfig so
> that the select turns out to be a NOOP.
>
> Is there a patch scheduled somewhere to add this symbol to Kconfig?

Oops, that is left over from an earlier attempt at getting the irqchip
drivers to run on 3384 in BE mode:

http://patchwork.linux-mips.org/patch/8254/

We wound up configuring this through DT rather than Kconfig.

Ralf, would you prefer an incremental patch or a whole new submission?

* Re: MIPS: BMIPS: broken select on RAW_IRQ_ACCESSORS
@ 2015-03-26 13:52   ` Ralf Baechle
From: Ralf Baechle @ 2015-03-26 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Cernekee
	linux-kernel, Paul Bolle, Andreas Ruprecht, hengelein Stefan

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 06:41:36AM -0700, Kevin Cernekee wrote:

> http://patchwork.linux-mips.org/patch/8254/
>
> We wound up configuring this through DT rather than Kconfig.
>
> Ralf, would you prefer an incremental patch or a whole new submission?

Whatever you prefer.

  Ralf

* Re: MIPS: BMIPS: broken select on RAW_IRQ_ACCESSORS
@ 2015-04-27  7:11 ` Valentin Rothberg
From: Valentin Rothberg @ 2015-04-27  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cernekee
  Cc: ralf, jaedon.shin, linux-mips, linux-kernel, Paul Bolle,
	Andreas Ruprecht, hengelein Stefan

Hi Kevin,

this is just a kind reminder that the issue below is still present and
made its way to v4.1-rc1.

Kind regards,
 Valentin

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 11:47 AM, Valentin Rothberg