* [U-Boot] FIT Image with same kernel but different load/entry point
@ 2018-04-03 17:17 Clément Péron
From: Clément Péron @ 2018-04-03 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

Is it possible to have one kernel entry in a FIT image with two
different load/entry point.

I have 2 boards which share the same kernel but doesn't have the same
entry/load point.

Thanks,
Clement

* [U-Boot] FIT Image with same kernel but different load/entry point
@ 2018-04-04  7:09 ` Peter Robinson
From: Peter Robinson @ 2018-04-04  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Tue, 3 Apr 2018, 19:17 Clément Péron, <peron.clem@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to have one kernel entry in a FIT image with two
> different load/entry point.
>
> I have 2 boards which share the same kernel but doesn't have the same
> entry/load point.

Not sure if it does exactly what you need but the pine64 board supports
multiple boards with different device trees for each board in the fit image.

Peter

* [U-Boot] FIT Image with same kernel but different load/entry point
@ 2018-04-04  8:20   ` Clément Péron
From: Clément Péron @ 2018-04-04  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Peter,

> Not sure if it does exactly what you need but the pine64 board supports
> multiple boards with different device trees for each board in the fit image.
>
> Peter

No it's not why I need, I was looking to do something like this but
without doubling the size :

        kernel-bcm {
            description = "Kernel for Broadcom";
            data = /incbin/("./zImage");
            type = "kernel";
            arch = "arm";
            os = "linux";
            compression = "none";
            load = <0x61000000>;
            entry = <0x61000000>;
            hash-1 {
                algo = "sha1";
            };
        };
        kernel-imx {
            description = "Kernel for FreeScale";
            data = /incbin/("./zImage"); /* Same zImage */
            type = "kernel";
            arch = "arm";
            os = "linux";
            compression = "none";
            load = <0x12000000>; /* Different load/entry point */
            entry = <0x12000000>;
            hash-1 {
                algo = "sha1";
            };
        };

Clement

* [U-Boot] FIT Image with same kernel but different load/entry point
@ 2018-04-08 14:33 ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2018-04-08 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Tue, Apr 03, 2018 at 07:17:13PM +0200, Clément Péron wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to have one kernel entry in a FIT image with two
> different load/entry point.
>
> I have 2 boards which share the same kernel but doesn't have the same
> entry/load point.

I think what you want is to use kernel_noload and then load/entry values
are ignored and we use the kernel in-place.

--
Tom
* [U-Boot] FIT Image with same kernel but different load/entry point
@ 2018-04-09 16:27   ` Clément Péron
From: Clément Péron @ 2018-04-09 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

> I think what you want is to use kernel_noload and then load/entry values
> are ignored and we use the kernel in-place.
Yes, I will try that
Thanks,
Clement