* Restore MAC address to factory settings
@ 2019-03-12 19:41 Jandra A
From: Jandra A @ 2019-03-12 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC Maillist

Hello all,

I’d like your input on the value you see – if any – in the ability for
a user to restore a MAC Address to the factory default via the GUI
(Network Settings).

BACKGROUND: Several end users have told us that they RARELY need to
change their MAC Address, if at all. However, we’ve heard from several
subject-matter experts that there IS value in making the MAC Address
editable as well as having a way to restore it to the factory default.

QUESTION: Is there value for the end user in being able to edit a MAC
address? What about restoring it to the factory default?

VIEW CURRENT DESIGN:
https://ibm.invisionapp.com/share/RQNYHJ0VBDY#/319002386_V2_Networking_Mutliple_VLAN

Appreciate all thoughts on this.

* Re: Restore MAC address to factory settings
@ 2019-03-13 18:31 ` Emily Shaffer
From: Emily Shaffer @ 2019-03-13 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jandra A; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist

We have a use case for editing MAC. I don't know about factory
default.  So there's one (rather large) end user who would get value
:)

--
Emily Shaffer

* Re: Restore MAC address to factory settings
@ 2019-03-14 18:07   ` Jandra A
From: Jandra A @ 2019-03-14 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emily Shaffer; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist

> We have a use case for editing MAC. I don't know about factory
> default.  So there's one (rather large) end user who would get value

Thanks Emily! Were you able to look over the design proposal? I'd love to
get your feedback.

@ 2019-03-14 18:16     ` Emily Shaffer
From: Emily Shaffer @ 2019-03-14 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jandra A; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist

I have made a couple comments, hope this makes sense. :)

--
Emily Shaffer

* Re: Restore MAC address to factory settings
@ 2019-03-14 18:36       ` Jandra A
From: Jandra A @ 2019-03-14 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emily Shaffer; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist