* I have question for supporting irq_domain of MAX8997
@ 2012-05-09  4:24 Chanwoo Choi
From: Chanwoo Choi @ 2012-05-09  4:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Abraham; +Cc: myungjoo.ham, Kyungmin Park, linux-kernel

Dear Thomas,

I have a question about your following patch:
- https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/4/18/145

I am implementing extcon-max8997 device driver which support MUIC feature
of Maxim MAX8997 chip. It have irq handler for MUIC irq based on
irq_base in struct max8997_dev. I have plan to support irq_domain for
MAX8997 instead of previous
irq operation and will modify that extcon-max8997 use irq_domain method.

So, Do you have plan to support irq domain for MAX8997 irq?
If yes, I will implement other tasks to support irq_domain for Maxim
MAX77686.

Thank you,

Best Regards,
Chanwoo Choi

* Re: I have question for supporting irq_domain of MAX8997
@ 2012-05-09 14:27 ` Thomas Abraham
From: Thomas Abraham @ 2012-05-09 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chanwoo Choi; +Cc: myungjoo.ham, Kyungmin Park, linux-kernel

Dear Mr. Choi,

On 9 May 2012 12:24, Chanwoo Choi <cw00.choi@samsung.com> wrote:
> Dear Thomas,
>
> I have a question about your following patch:
> - https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/4/18/145
>
> I am implementing extcon-max8997 device driver which support MUIC feature
> of Maxim MAX8997 chip. It have irq handler for MUIC irq based on
> irq_base in struct max8997_dev. I have plan to support irq_domain for
> MAX8997 instead of previous
> irq operation and will modify that extcon-max8997 use irq_domain method.
>
> So, Do you have plan to support irq domain for MAX8997 irq?
> If yes, I will implement other tasks to support irq_domain for Maxim
> MAX77686.

The irq domain support for max8997 irq is already posted. I am yet to
address some of the review comments for those patches and hence the
max8997 dt (+ irqdomain) patches are still work in progress. But the
irq domain support for max8997 is complete.

Thanks,
Thomas.

@ 2012-05-10  0:02   ` Chanwoo Choi
From: Chanwoo Choi @ 2012-05-10  0:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Abraham; +Cc: myungjoo.ham, Kyungmin Park, linux-kernel

Dear Thomas,

On 05/09/2012 11:27 PM, Thomas Abraham wrote:

> The irq domain support for max8997 irq is already posted. I am yet to
> address some of the review comments for those patches and hence the
> max8997 dt (+ irqdomain) patches are still work in progress. But the
> irq domain support for max8997 is complete.

I did see your patch for irq_domain support for max8997 in below git repository.

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/broonie/regulator.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/for-next

But, I checked that your patch was reverted because it breaks the build
of the muic driver
reported by Stephen Rothwell. You can check this following url.
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/broonie/regulator.git;a=commit;h=82b719b11fd750188c125078ad6a6c0d23219dfb

Also, Do you test irq domain of MAX8997 with max8997-muic driver or others?
While looking through the drivers/mfd/max8997-irq.c, I could not find
initialization code
of max8997->irq_domain(field of 'struct max8997_dev'). When tested your
patch with
max8997-muic driver, max8997->irq_domain variable is NULL. I think that
you set only
local variable(struct irq_domain *domain) in max8997_irq_init().

Thank you,
Chanwoo Choi