* depmod: ERROR: Found 2 modules in dependency cycles!
@ 2015-11-17 20:09 Lucas Tanure
From: Lucas Tanure @ 2015-11-17 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi,

I'm trying to compile and run linux-next tree, but no matter what I do I
got :

depmod: ERROR: Found 2 modules in dependency cycles!
depmod: ERROR: Cycle detected: lnet -> libcfs -> lnet
Makefile:1139: recipe for target '_modinst_post' failed
make: *** [_modinst_post] Error 1

Can anyone give a way to fix this ? I already re-cloned the tree, tried
different .config files, tried with the stable branch. But nothing works.

Thanks

--
Lucas Tanure
+55 (19) 988176559

* depmod: ERROR: Found 2 modules in dependency cycles!
@ 2015-11-18  0:26 ` Jim Davis
From: Jim Davis @ 2015-11-18  0:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 1:09 PM, Lucas Tanure <tanure@linux.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to compile and run linux-next tree, but no matter what I do I got
> :
>
> depmod: ERROR: Found 2 modules in dependency cycles!
> depmod: ERROR: Cycle detected: lnet -> libcfs -> lnet
> Makefile:1139: recipe for target '_modinst_post' failed
> make: *** [_modinst_post] Error 1
>
> Can anyone give a way to fix this ?

It looks like you've may have run into a known recent issue with the
lustre modules: https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/11/9/702

Try setting CONFIG_LUSTRE_FS=n.
--
Jim