* New Kernel-newbies site
@ 2014-07-25 21:19 Lucas Tanure
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Lucas Tanure @ 2014-07-25 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi,

I was thinking if the Kernel-newbies could be re-born. Like a wiki that any
registered user can edit and add new information.
I saw here, in this list, a few questions more than once. And maybe some
information still are hard to find.
So, older newbies add information for new newbies. And the most relevant
questions made here, go to the wiki.

Thanks

--
Lucas Tanure
+55 (19) 988176559

* Re: New Kernel-newbies site
@ 2014-07-25 21:25   ` Lucas Tanure

From: Lucas Tanure @ 2014-07-25 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

@ 2014-07-25 21:26   ` Andrey Utkin
From: Andrey Utkin @ 2014-07-25 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

> I was thinking if the Kernel-newbies could be re-born. Like a wiki that any
> registered user can edit and add new information.
> I saw here, in this list, a few questions more than once. And maybe some
> information still are hard to find.
> So, older newbies add information for new newbies. And the most relevant
> questions made here, go to the wiki.

The problem with current newbies site is outdated information. If
somebody will update the site with actual information, it will get
outdated some time after that (because active maintenance of such site
isn't fun i suppose). To avoid such Sisyphian task, I'd remove from
that site everything which is outdated, or can get outdated, and leave
only fundamental information.

--
Andrey Utkin

* New Kernel-newbies site
@ 2014-07-25 21:26   ` Andrey Utkin
From: Andrey Utkin @ 2014-07-25 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

@ 2014-07-25 21:29     ` Lucas Tanure
From: Lucas Tanure @ 2014-07-25 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Yes, like how submit a patch, clean up drivers, work with linux-next , etc ....
This is a newbie website.
--
Lucas Tanure
+55 (19) 988176559

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 6:26 PM, Andrey Utkin
<andrey.krieger.utkin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was thinking if the Kernel-newbies could be re-born. Like a wiki that any
>> registered user can edit and add new information.
>> I saw here, in this list, a few questions more than once. And maybe some
>> information still are hard to find.
>> So, older newbies add information for new newbies. And the most relevant
>> questions made here, go to the wiki.
>
> The problem with current newbies site is outdated information. If
> somebody will update the site with actual information, it will get
> outdated some time after that (because active maintenance of such site
> isn't fun i suppose). To avoid such Sisyphian task, I'd remove from
> that site everything which is outdated, or can get outdated, and leave
> only fundamental information.
>
> --
> Andrey Utkin

* New Kernel-newbies site
@ 2014-07-25 21:29     ` Lucas Tanure
From: Lucas Tanure @ 2014-07-25 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Yes, like how submit a patch, clean up drivers, work with linux-next , etc ....
This is a newbie website.
--
Lucas Tanure
+55 (19) 988176559

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 6:26 PM, Andrey Utkin
<andrey.krieger.utkin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was thinking if the Kernel-newbies could be re-born. Like a wiki that any
>> registered user can edit and add new information.
>> I saw here, in this list, a few questions more than once. And maybe some
>> information still are hard to find.
>> So, older newbies add information for new newbies. And the most relevant
>> questions made here, go to the wiki.
>
> The problem with current newbies site is outdated information. If
> somebody will update the site with actual information, it will get
> outdated some time after that (because active maintenance of such site
> isn't fun i suppose). To avoid such Sisyphian task, I'd remove from
> that site everything which is outdated, or can get outdated, and leave
> only fundamental information.
>
> --
> Andrey Utkin

* Re: New Kernel-newbies site
@ 2014-07-26  8:59   ` Richard Weinberger
From: Richard Weinberger @ 2014-07-26  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 11:19 PM, Lucas Tanure <tanure@linux.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was thinking if the Kernel-newbies could be re-born. Like a wiki that any
> registered user can edit and add new information.
> I saw here, in this list, a few questions more than once. And maybe some
> information still are hard to find.
> So, older newbies add information for new newbies. And the most relevant
> questions made here, go to the wiki.

http://kernelnewbies.org/ is already a wiki, feel free to update it.

//richard

From: Richard Weinberger @ 2014-07-26  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)