* Re: GATT service blacklist
@ 2017-01-14  4:38 Vincent Scheib
From: Vincent Scheib @ 2017-01-14  4:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

I just ran into this issue again (being blocked from accessing a standard
GATT service) when using bluez. I had an application accessing GATT
objects, and also the generic_access service. It's very odd that GATT
operations to any service would be blocked unless there was a security
reason to prevent them. Reading and writing the device name should just
work. It doesn't make sense to write different code with a different API
when the GATT API is already designed to provide access to this service.

Is there a reason bluez can't allow access?

Re: http://marc.info/?l=3Dlinux-bluetooth&m=3D146433282020607

https://github.com/WebBluetoothCG/registries/blob/master/gatt_blacklist.txt

>>> Currently we don't support claiming attribute, which is what in the
>>> end prevent a service to be exposed, so I would like to know the
>>> opinion about having such a feature noting that this may lead to
>>> conflicts such as plugins and application accessing the same
>>> attributes which may or may not interfere.
>>>
>>> One of the service that web guys would like to access is GAP service

* GATT service blacklist
@ 2016-05-20 14:36 Luiz Augusto von Dentz
From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz @ 2016-05-20 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hi,

In Web Bluetooth there is a list of blacklisted attributes that may
leak some important information:

https://github.com/WebBluetoothCG/registries/blob/master/gatt_blacklist.txt

Currently we don't support claiming attribute, which is what in the
end prevent a service to be exposed, so I would like to know the
opinion about having such a feature noting that this may lead to
conflicts such as plugins and application accessing the same
attributes which may or may not interfere.

One of the service that web guys would like to access is GAP service
which is something BlueZ don't actually let them do since there is a
plugin accessing it, and given its name we can probably except changes
on every new Bluetooth release making me wary about exposing its
attributes over D-Bus.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz