* [barectf] Request for C++ compatible source
@ 2016-11-09 16:18 Rocky Dunlap
From: Rocky Dunlap @ 2016-11-09 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lttng-dev

Great work on the barectf tool!  This really makes it easy to write out
CTF.

I would like to integrate the generated code into a larger project that,
for historical reasons, uses the C++ compiler.  Would it be possible to add
an option to the barectf generator so that the code can be compiled by a
C++ compiler?  It does not seem too bad--it's mainly pointer casting issues
that the compiler is complaining about.

Thanks,
Rocky

* Re: [barectf] Request for C++ compatible source
       [not found] <CAK-w0DctLJpzfFpVBSPMN3MjGjeDB1sc1ZEnV_BsW3GbTHwqrw@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2016-11-09 16:57 ` Philippe Proulx
From: Philippe Proulx @ 2016-11-09 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rocky Dunlap; +Cc: lttng-dev

On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 11:18 AM, Rocky Dunlap <rsdunlapiv@gmail.com> wrote:
> Great work on the barectf tool!  This really makes it easy to write out CTF.
>
> I would like to integrate the generated code into a larger project that, for
> historical reasons, uses the C++ compiler.  Would it be possible to add an
> option to the barectf generator so that the code can be compiled by a C++
> compiler?  It does not seem too bad--it's mainly pointer casting issues that
> the compiler is complaining about.

Hello Rocky,

I'll look into this today.

Thank you for your comments!