* How to set root password
@ 2012-06-12 12:10 Patrick
From: Patrick @ 2012-06-12 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: poky

Dear all,

How could I set the root password on my own images ?
I have found this post  on the FAQ but no answer...
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/FAQ:How_do_I_set_or_change_the_root_password

Any help is welcome !

Patrick

* Re: How to set root password
@ 2012-06-14  6:46 ` Patrick
From: Patrick @ 2012-06-14  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: poky

On 06/12/2012 02:10 PM, Patrick wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> How could I set the root password on my own images ?
> I have found this post on the FAQ but no answer...
> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/FAQ:How_do_I_set_or_change_the_root_password
>

> Any help is welcome !
>
> Patrick

No body know how to change root password ?
I am quite sure poky have a feature for that, no ?

Patrick

* Re: How to set root password
@ 2012-06-14  6:55   ` Mihai Lindner
From: Mihai Lindner @ 2012-06-14  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: poky

On 6/14/2012 9:46 AM, Patrick wrote:
> On 06/12/2012 02:10 PM, Patrick wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> How could I set the root password on my own images ?
>> I have found this post on the FAQ but no answer...
>> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/FAQ:How_do_I_set_or_change_the_root_password
>>

>> Any help is welcome !
>>
>> Patrick
>
> No body know how to change root password ?
> I am quite sure poky have a feature for that, no ?
>
> Patrick

Hello,

Set // change the root password... when exactly? When building the images or when using it live / install?

--
Mihai Lindner
Yocto Project @ Intel OTC

* Re: How to set root password
@ 2012-06-14  7:06 ` Andrei Gherzan
From: Andrei Gherzan @ 2012-06-14  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick; +Cc: poky

You can find your answer in these places:

core-image.bbclass - at the end of this file
zap_root_password () - from image.bbclass

@g
*
*

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 3:10 PM, Patrick <kpa_info@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> How could I set the root password on my own images ?
> I have found this post  on the FAQ but no answer...
> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/**wiki/FAQ:How_do_I_set_or_**
> change_the_root_password<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/FAQ:How_do_I_set_or_change_the_root_password>
>
> Any help is welcome !
>
> Patrick

* Re: How to set root password
@ 2012-06-14 15:40   ` Patrick
From: Patrick @ 2012-06-14 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrei Gherzan; +Cc: poky

On 06/14/2012 09:06 AM, Andrei Gherzan wrote:
> You can find your answer in these places:
>
> core-image.bbclass - at the end of this file
> zap_root_password () - from image.bbclass

I could see that if debug-tweaks is in IMAGE_FEATURES the root password
is set to *, but we would like to set a real password.

Do we have to generate a password hash and put it in /etc/passwd ?

Patrick

* Re: How to set root password
@ 2012-06-14 17:19     ` Andrei Gherzan
From: Andrei Gherzan @ 2012-06-14 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)