* Universal DTV USB receiver (“Joker TV”)
@ 2017-08-02 17:36 Abylay Ospan
From: Abylay Ospan @ 2017-08-02 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media, Mauro Carvalho Chehab

Hello Everyone !

Some time ago I had announced my initiative about building truly
universal DTV receiver - “Joker TV” (supports DVB-S2/T2/C2, ISDB-T,
ATSC, DTMB). Now I’m glad to post  an update.

It has been almost 10 months now but during this time, I have prepared
two hardware revisions of “Joker TV” with various fixes. I also wrote
software for FPGA and the host (for Linux/OSx/Windows). This was a lot
of work, but now I’m ready to share all of it with you. I have decided
to donate my work to the community and make this project an Open
Hardware and Open Software project. Here are some posts with
additional information:

https://jokersys.com/2017/07/06/schematic-pcb-share/ - hardware sharing
https://jokersys.com/2017/07/06/joker-tv-linuxosxwindows-drivers-apps/
- user-level driver&app description
https://jokersys.com/2017/07/06/joker-tv-fpga-verilogvhdl-code/ - FPGA
firmware description

And bonus for those who are interested in how the production is done
and how much it cost. Here is my post about this:

https://jokersys.com/2017/07/08/joker-tv-manufacturing/

Additionally, I have just placed the first batch order to the factory
and I’m anticipating the results which should be ready in about three
(3) weeks. I will send freshly baked “Joker TV” gadgets to all
backers.

I’m planning to prepare new posts with internals about Joker TV’s
hardware and software. Here are some topics I’m planning to describe:
 * USB part. ULPI PHY interface, FPGA USB-stack, Isochronous
transactions with TS data, etc;
 * RF part. Tuner and Demods, AGC, LNB, I&Q, etc
 * I2C and SPI buses
 * CI interface
Please let me know if you are interested in some topics listed above -
I will describe them in more detail next time.

I’m open to any comments, collaboration, discussions. Thanks !

--
Abylay Ospan

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-08-02 17:36 UTC | newest]