* [Buildroot] Non-interactive config
       [not found]         ` <CAK7rcp-XTJ1z=46Hv0qLQDK0XwY0jJY+TMiTJWWkmNes6rUQRw@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2017-01-09  6:10           ` Kenneth Adam Miller
From: Kenneth Adam Miller @ 2017-01-09  6:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

I need the ability to configure a system non interactively so that I can
script the enabling and disabling of various packages automatically. It is
not suitable to manually edit and then save the changes, since there are
too many combinations of our private packages that must be enabled and
disabled.

I need this in order to script the generation of many bzImage with
different packages of startup commands to test our software in different
modes. Right now, I think this can be done if I could so something along
the lines of:

make config enable-<pkg>

But also similarly for disable.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [Buildroot] Non-interactive config
@ 2017-01-09  8:06             ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2017-01-09  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

 > Hello,
 > I need the ability to configure a system non interactively so that I can
 > script the enabling and disabling of various packages automatically. It is
 > not suitable to manually edit and then save the changes, since there are
 > too many combinations of our private packages that must be enabled and
 > disabled.

 > I need this in order to script the generation of many bzImage with
 > different packages of startup commands to test our software in different
 > modes. Right now, I think this can be done if I could so something along
 > the lines of:

The buildroot .config is just a simple text file, so you can process it
with all the normal text handling commands. It shouldn't be that hard to
do some with sed/grep/echo. Have a look at our KCONFIG_*_OPT macros in
package/pkg-utils.mk

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard