* 'screen' MACHINE_FEATURE
@ 2015-01-27 19:01 Ash Charles
From: Ash Charles @ 2015-01-27 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi,

Based on the yocto manual [1], it looks like "screen" is a valid
MACHINE_FEATURE and, in fact, it looks like some machines actually
call out this feature.  That said, I can't actually see that this
MACHINE_FEATURE is used.  I checked with buildhistory and some
grepping but maybe I missed something?
Should I be keeping this in my machines or is the deprecated?

Thanks for any insight,
--Ash

[1] http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.7.1/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#ref-features-machine

* Re: 'screen' MACHINE_FEATURE
@ 2015-01-27 21:14 ` Saul Wold
From: Saul Wold @ 2015-01-27 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ash Charles, yocto

On 01/27/2015 11:01 AM, Ash Charles wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Based on the yocto manual [1], it looks like "screen" is a valid
> MACHINE_FEATURE and, in fact, it looks like some machines actually
> call out this feature.  That said, I can't actually see that this
> MACHINE_FEATURE is used.  I checked with buildhistory and some
> grepping but maybe I missed something?
> Should I be keeping this in my machines or is the deprecated?

It seems to be deprecated, looking back in history shows
task-base-screen which is included in older releases has been empty,
although that allows BSPs to override it, but since it's not even
included in newer versions.

See: ca8f7ecca7c19933ffcf1a9f080a39a84318ebb4

git log -p (great option).

Sau!

@ 2015-01-28 20:33   ` Ash Charles
From: Ash Charles @ 2015-01-28 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Saul Wold; +Cc: yocto

Thanks very much Saul (and thanks for the git tips).

I'll pull this MACHINE_FEATURE from my machines.

--Ash