* Memory aliasing and nodes
@ 2022-04-21 10:33 Ramon Fried
       [not found] ` <CAGi-RUL4FJBXYUMbpdMo=XNd7DE1wD6aUqXUt5Y+5BY1KO-FYg-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Ramon Fried @ 2022-04-21 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: devicetree-spec-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Hi all,
This is the second time in my career that I've stumbled upon a SOC
which has 32bit memory aliasing for high memory for the usage of
drivers that can only address 32bit address space.

Basically, a subset of a memory higher than 4GB can be accessed also
through a range in the low 4GB addresses.

I didn't see any support for this neither Linux kernel nor in device
tree. I'm wondering if you considered adding a way to describe such
addressing in the device tree, and maybe later Linux can add support
for it.

Thanks,
Ramon