* Build info in the spec file
@ 2019-10-23 21:00 Muminul Russell
From: Muminul Russell @ 2019-10-23 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Hello Developers,

Yocto can generate spec file for rpm packaging. But that spec file
does not have %build and %install macro. Is there any work done
already to include those 2 macros? Or could you give me hints how can
I do that?

Thanks in advance,
Russell

* Re: Build info in the spec file
@ 2019-10-23 22:38 ` Richard Purdie
From: Richard Purdie @ 2019-10-23 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Muminul Russell, openembedded-devel

On Wed, 2019-10-23 at 14:00 -0700, Muminul Russell wrote:
> Hello Developers,
>
> Yocto can generate spec file for rpm packaging. But that spec file
> does not have %build and %install macro. Is there any work done
> already to include those 2 macros? Or could you give me hints how can
> I do that?

OE uses its own cross building process. You can't encode that cross
building process into those macros. rpmbuild assumes native compiling.
People have tried and concluded its really not practical.

Think about the fact that even if you did have something there, the
original process used to run the build would be different. That means
two different code paths, one of which will probably end up with
different results and hence be broken.

So yes, I understand the desire but it really doesn't make sense.

Cheers,

Richard

* Re: Build info in the spec file
@ 2019-10-23 22:39   ` Muminul Russell