* find real users and drivers of rpmsg
@ 2013-07-08  8:31 Barry Song
From: Barry Song @ 2013-07-08  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ohad; +Cc: linux-omap, pandaboard

hi Ohad/all,
i am trying to find some real users of rpmsg, here i only get
samples/rpmsg/rpmsg_client_sample.c, does it mean other real drivers
are out of mainline? where could i get them?
i am also trying to find source codes running in Cortex-M3 which use
rpmsg and hope to find some Linux userspace codes which use rpmsg too.
Thanks
barry

* Re: find real users and drivers of rpmsg
@ 2013-07-08 14:01 ` Ohad Ben-Cohen
From: Ohad Ben-Cohen @ 2013-07-08 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Barry Song, Suman Anna; +Cc: linux-omap, pandaboard

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 10:31 AM, Barry Song <21cnbao@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi Ohad/all,
> i am trying to find some real users of rpmsg, here i only get
> samples/rpmsg/rpmsg_client_sample.c, does it mean other real drivers
> are out of mainline?

Yes

> where could i get them?

TI maintains them in internal trees, some of which might be public.
I'm looping in Suman from TI who might be able to refer you to some

@ 2013-07-09 21:43   ` Suman Anna
       [not found]     ` <51DC841A.9070409-l0cyMroinI0@public.gmane.org>
From: Suman Anna @ 2013-07-09 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ohad Ben-Cohen; +Cc: Barry Song, linux-omap, pandaboard

Barry,

> On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 10:31 AM, Barry Song <21cnbao@gmail.com> wrote:
>> hi Ohad/all,
>> i am trying to find some real users of rpmsg, here i only get
>> samples/rpmsg/rpmsg_client_sample.c, does it mean other real drivers
>> are out of mainline?
>
> Yes
>
>> where could i get them?
>
> TI maintains them in internal trees, some of which might be public.
> I'm looping in Suman from TI who might be able to refer you to some

You will find couple of rpmsg client drivers in our product kernels.
Following is a kernel used towards our Android product, you can look
in the drivers/rpmsg folder.

http://git.omapzoom.org/?p=kernel/omap.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/p-linux-omap-3.4

>> i am also trying to find source codes running in Cortex-M3 which use
>> rpmsg and hope to find some Linux userspace codes which use rpmsg too.
>> Thanks
>> barry

Some information from the following wiki might also be handy (kinda old,
but still useful) for you to find the equivalent code running on the
Cortex-M3

http://omappedia.org/wiki/Category:RPMsg

regards
Suman

@ 2013-07-10  2:25       ` Barry Song
From: Barry Song @ 2013-07-10  2:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Suman Anna; +Cc: Ohad Ben-Cohen, linux-omap, pandaboard-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi Suman,

2013/7/10 Suman Anna <s-anna-l0cyMroinI0@public.gmane.org>:
> Barry,
>
>> On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 10:31 AM, Barry Song <21cnbao-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>> hi Ohad/all,
>>> i am trying to find some real users of rpmsg, here i only get
>>> samples/rpmsg/rpmsg_client_sample.c, does it mean other real drivers
>>> are out of mainline?
>>
>> Yes
>>
>>> where could i get them?
>>
>> TI maintains them in internal trees, some of which might be public.
>> I'm looping in Suman from TI who might be able to refer you to some
>
> You will find couple of rpmsg client drivers in our product kernels.
> Following is a kernel used towards our Android product, you can look
> in the drivers/rpmsg folder.
>
> http://git.omapzoom.org/?p=kernel/omap.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/p-linux-omap-3.4

yes. i have repmsg-resmgr and repmsg-omx now. and i also have
sysbios-rpmsg and domx. thanks!

>>> i am also trying to find source codes running in Cortex-M3 which use
>>> rpmsg and hope to find some Linux userspace codes which use rpmsg too.
>>> Thanks
>>> barry
>
> Some information from the following wiki might also be handy (kinda old,
> but still useful) for you to find the equivalent code running on the
> Cortex-M3
>
> http://omappedia.org/wiki/Category:RPMsg

DOMX(Distributed OpenMAX for OMAP4 processors) on the page seems to be
based on syslink and lose maintaince for 3 years, where can i get a
new version based on rpmsg?

@ 2013-07-10 15:32         ` Anna, Suman
       [not found]           ` <37C860A02101E749A747FA2D3C1E3C504D4660-hpfExfDTTN2IQmiDNMet8wC/G2K4zDHf@public.gmane.org>
From: Anna, Suman @ 2013-07-10 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Barry Song; +Cc: Ohad Ben-Cohen, linux-omap, pandaboard

Barry,

> >> Yes

> >> TI maintains them in internal trees, some of which might be public.
> >> I'm looping in Suman from TI who might be able to refer you to some
> >
> > You will find couple of rpmsg client drivers in our product kernels.
> > Following is a kernel used towards our Android product, you can look
> > in the drivers/rpmsg folder.
> >
> > http://git.omapzoom.org/?p=kernel/omap.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/p-
> linux-omap-3.4
>
> yes. i have repmsg-resmgr and repmsg-omx now. and i also have
> sysbios-rpmsg and domx. thanks!

> > Some information from the following wiki might also be handy (kinda old,
> > but still useful) for you to find the equivalent code running on the
> > Cortex-M3
> >
> > http://omappedia.org/wiki/Category:RPMsg
>
> DOMX(Distributed OpenMAX for OMAP4 processors) on the page seems to be
> based on syslink and lose maintaince for 3 years, where can i get a
> new version based on rpmsg?

Look through the following project,
http://git.omapzoom.org/?p=platform/hardware/ti/domx.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/p-jb-mr1-release

regards
Suman

@ 2013-07-12  3:48             ` Barry Song
From: Barry Song @ 2013-07-12  3:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anna, Suman
  Cc: Ohad Ben-Cohen, linux-omap, pandaboard-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw,
	zilong.wu-kQvG35nSl+M

2013/7/10 Anna, Suman <s-anna-l0cyMroinI0@public.gmane.org>:
> Barry,

>> > You will find couple of rpmsg client drivers in our product kernels.
>> > Following is a kernel used towards our Android product, you can look
>> > in the drivers/rpmsg folder.
>> >
>> > http://git.omapzoom.org/?p=kernel/omap.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/p-
>> linux-omap-3.4
>>
>> yes. i have repmsg-resmgr and repmsg-omx now. and i also have
>> sysbios-rpmsg and domx. thanks!

>> > Some information from the following wiki might also be handy (kinda old,
>> > but still useful) for you to find the equivalent code running on the
>> > Cortex-M3
>> >
>> > http://omappedia.org/wiki/Category:RPMsg
>>
>> DOMX(Distributed OpenMAX for OMAP4 processors) on the page seems to be
>> based on syslink and lose maintaince for 3 years, where can i get a
>> new version based on rpmsg?
>>

> Look through the following project,
> http://git.omapzoom.org/?p=platform/hardware/ti/domx.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/p-jb-mr1-release

thanks, Anna.