* Need help to understand USB driver mechanism
@ 2012-06-21 10:39 Vishal Nandanwar
       [not found] ` <CAKB833mPfX2U6_UA0Fr0CTw623gxCvcYPW3HvfVJWE1Xt7v-UQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Vishal Nandanwar @ 2012-06-21 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux USB, Linux Docs, Platform driver x86

Hi,

I am trying to understand the USB device driver writing mechanism and
architecture. I have gone through the LDD book as well.

For learning purpose I am trying to write a driver for a pen drive
i.e. USB mass storage. Linux do have the usb-storage driver which is
used for pen drive. I have gone through the ../driver/usb/storage
folder of Linux source code and found there are few drivers(karma,
freecom) which uses usb-storage to achive there functionality.

what is the mechanism to write a driver for pen drive(USB mass
storage)? Is there any guide/help document which describes how to
create a interface driver on top of usb-storage driver, so when my pen
driver is connected it should use my driver?

Vishal N