* ceph -s report all mons down
@ 2016-10-27  1:56 Rui Xie
From: Rui Xie @ 2016-10-27  1:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Hi:
      Sometimes when i use ceph -s to query cluster status, it shows
all mons down (Hammer), but in fact monitor is not really down. from
the code it seems ceph -s not wait elect finish, so maybe quorum is
empty at that time?

* Re: ceph -s report all mons down
@ 2016-10-27  5:23 ` Kostis Fardelas
From: Kostis Fardelas @ 2016-10-27  5:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rui Xie; +Cc: ceph-devel

What do you mean 'it is not really down"? Does the process run? If
yes, then had the process been bound to its port (netstat check) ? If
yes, then my next guess is a firewall issue that prevents monitors for
reaching each other. If no, then check the logs for the cause. One
possible case is that you run out of file descriptors.