* [Xenomai] Virtual terminal does not work
@ 2014-02-22  8:35 ali hagigat
From: ali hagigat @ 2014-02-22  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

I have installed:

xenomai-2.6.3
linux-3.5.7
x86, 32 bits Intel-quad-core machine@2.4GHZ
Fedora 13
GNOME 2
Motherboard: ASUS Commando

Once I logged in as root graphically and then i used "switch user" icon and
then i logged in as a regular user and pressed, <CTRL-ALT-F2> and i pressed
some <CTRL_ALT-Fx> suddenly computer froze and i had a black screen, no
key-presses or mouse movements were seen and the computer started beeping
repeatedly.
When i pressed <CTRL-ALT-F2> to see a Linux text-based virtual terminal,
there is a black screen and no terminal and no key presses are seen

My kernel config file is attached, i thought to share this experience.
* Re: [Xenomai] Virtual terminal does not work
@ 2014-02-22 20:37 ` Gilles Chanteperdrix
From: Gilles Chanteperdrix @ 2014-02-22 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Le 22/02/2014 09:35, ali hagigat a écrit :
> I have installed:
>
> xenomai-2.6.3
> linux-3.5.7
> x86, 32 bits Intel-quad-core machine@2.4GHZ
> Fedora 13
> GNOME 2
> Motherboard: ASUS Commando
>
> Once I logged in as root graphically and then i used "switch user" icon and
> then i logged in as a regular user and pressed, <CTRL-ALT-F2> and i pressed
> some <CTRL_ALT-Fx> suddenly computer froze and i had a black screen, no
> key-presses or mouse movements were seen and the computer started beeping
> repeatedly.
> When i pressed <CTRL-ALT-F2> to see a Linux text-based virtual terminal,
> there is a black screen and no terminal and no key presses are seen
>
> My kernel config file is attached, i thought to share this experience.

Doesn't the same kernel configuration, only without Xenomai patch, and
without enabling Xenomai, show the same behaviour?

--
Gilles.

* Re: [Xenomai] Virtual terminal does not work
@ 2014-02-23 15:54   ` ali hagigat
From: ali hagigat @ 2014-02-23 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gilles Chanteperdrix; +Cc: xenomai

On 2/23/14, Gilles Chanteperdrix <gilles.chanteperdrix@xenomai.org> wrote:
> Le 22/02/2014 09:35, ali hagigat a écrit :
>> I have installed:
>>
>> xenomai-2.6.3
>> linux-3.5.7
>> x86, 32 bits Intel-quad-core machine@2.4GHZ
>> Fedora 13
>> GNOME 2
>> Motherboard: ASUS Commando
>>
>> Once I logged in as root graphically and then i used "switch user" icon
>> and
>> then i logged in as a regular user and pressed, <CTRL-ALT-F2> and i
>> pressed
>> some <CTRL_ALT-Fx> suddenly computer froze and i had a black screen, no
>> key-presses or mouse movements were seen and the computer started beeping
>> repeatedly.
>> When i pressed <CTRL-ALT-F2> to see a Linux text-based virtual terminal,
>> there is a black screen and no terminal and no key presses are seen
>>
>> My kernel config file is attached, i thought to share this experience.
>
> Doesn't the same kernel configuration, only without Xenomai patch, and
> without enabling Xenomai, show the same behaviour?
>

> --
> Gilles.

Yes, you were right. I just copied the .config file of
linux-with-xenomai to a new linux-3.5.7 and ran 'make', it first asked
some questions about para-virtualization, high memory and huge page
tables and then started to make. Not sure if that wrote over that
.config file but when i logged in with the new kernel, there was the
same problem, i did not have virtual terminal in Fedora 13.
Thank you for your direction