* drm-intel split-up and new dim script
@ 2016-11-24 10:48 Daniel Vetter
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2016-11-24 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Vetter, Thierry Reding, David Herrmann, Syrjala, Ville,
	Nikula, Jani, Sumit Semwal, Archit Taneja, Gustavo Padovan,
	Chris Wilson, Kristian Kristensen, Lespiau, Damien, Ben Widawsky,
	Zanoni, Paulo R, Maarten Lankhorst, Deak, Imre, Rodrigo Vivi,
	Laurent Pinchart, Kuoppala, Mika, Matthew D Roper,
	Tvrtko Ursulin
  Cc: intel-gfx, dri-devel

Hi all,

So it's finally done, drm-misc is split out into a separate repo:

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/drm-misc

The integration tree and rerere-cache was also split out, so that both
groups can update it:

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/drm-tip

To get there you need to update dim and re-run the setup steps:

1. Grab latest dim (if you have already, just update the maintainer-tools
checkout) and store it somewhere temporarily.  2. Delete the old auxiliary
directories:

$ cd $DIM_PREFIX $ rm drm-intel-rerere drm-intel-nightly maintainer-tools
-Rf

3. Make sure you have a recent enough git with worktree support. It's not
required, but if you have one it's automatically used, and it save a pile
of disk space.

4. Re-run

$ dim setup

Note that for those who start fresh with dim, there's manpages and
quickstart guides in dim itself, just run

$ dim help

from a checkout of the maintainer-tools branch from

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/drm-intel

Or take a look at
https://01.org/linuxgraphics/gfx-docs/maintainer-tools/drm-intel.html

For drm-misc the new branch is drm-misc-next, topic/drm-misc is dead
effective immediate (and I'll ping people on irc who still push patches).
The other tree that changes is drm-intel-nightly, new drm-tip, and I plan
to keep both places roughly in sync for at least a week.

Cheers, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation

* Re: drm-intel split-up and new dim script
@ 2016-11-24 11:24 ` Jani Nikula
From: Jani Nikula @ 2016-11-24 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Vetter, Daniel Vetter, Thierry Reding, David Herrmann,
	Syrjala, Ville, Sumit Semwal, Archit Taneja, Gustavo Padovan,
	Chris Wilson, Kristian Kristensen, Lespiau, Damien, Ben Widawsky,
	Zanoni, Paulo R, Maarten Lankhorst, Deak, Imre, Rodrigo Vivi,
	Laurent Pinchart, Kuoppala, Mika, Matthew D Roper,
	Tvrtko Ursulin, And
  Cc: intel-gfx, dri-devel

On Thu, 24 Nov 2016, Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter@ffwll.ch> wrote:
> To get there you need to update dim and re-run the setup steps:

Perhaps needless to say, but please report any hickups you see
immediately on IRC and/or in reply to this mail!

Thanks,
Jani.

* Re: drm-intel split-up and new dim script
@ 2016-11-24 15:06 ` Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2016-11-24 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Vetter, Thierry Reding, David Herrmann, Syrjala, Ville,
  Cc: intel-gfx, dri-devel

On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 11:48 AM, Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter@ffwll.ch> wrote:
> $ cd $DIM_PREFIX $ rm drm-intel-rerere drm-intel-nightly maintainer-tools
> -Rf

If you are using git worktree already (manually set up, dim only does
this since today) then there's a bit more cleanup required:

$ cd $DIM_PREFIX/DIM_DRM_INTEL
$ git worktree prune
$ git branch -D drm-intel-nightly
$ git branch -D rerere-cache

The last one is important since otherwise your rerere-cache points at
the wrong remote - that also switched to drm-tip.git.
-Daniel
--

@ 2016-12-01  8:11 ` Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2016-12-01  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Vetter, Thierry Reding, David Herrmann, Syrjala, Ville,
	Nikula, Jani, Sumit Semwal, Archit Taneja, Gustavo Padovan,
	Chris Wilson, Kristian Kristensen, Lespiau, Damien, Ben Widawsky,
	Zanoni, Paulo R, Maarten Lankhorst, Deak, Imre, Rodrigo Vivi,
	Laurent Pinchart, Kuoppala, Mika, Matthew D Roper,
	Tvrtko Ursulin
  Cc: intel-gfx, dri-devel

Ok, transition is over, old drm-intel-nightly and rerere-cache is removed.
I hope that's enough of a hint to everyone else who missed the memo ;-)
-Daniel

http://blog.ffwll.ch