* [igt-dev] IGT migration to gitlab
@ 2018-10-11 13:13 Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2018-10-11 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: IGT development; +Cc: Petri Latvala

Hi all,

We finally have all the bits lined up to move igt to gitlab. Here's
the timeline:

1. fd.o admins: Migrate all the new accounts to gitlab.fd.o. All older
accounts have been migrated already in spring this year, so this only
affects people who recently gained fd.o access. This will happen on
the coming w/e, 13/14th Oct.

2. All committers need to activate their gitlab account and set up the SSH keys:
- https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/users/sign_in -> "Forgot your
password?". The username is the same as your fd.o one. The email
password recovery will use is the same as you've registered for your
fd.o account. Please ping either maintainers or fd.o admins if you
can't get the password recovery mail and your email needs to be
updated.
- Once you're logged in, got to
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/profile/keys and set up your ssh keys.
If your account is migrated already you can go right ahead and do this now.

IMPORTANT: Please do not create a new account, or we'll need to
manually fix up permissions afterwards.

3. fd.o admins: Will migrate the igt repo itself on the w/e of 20/21st
Oct. The old git repo will continue to exists, but as a read-only
mirror.

4. All committers: Update the git remote to the new url, it will be
git@gitlab.freedesktop.org:drm/igt-gpu-tools.git

Note: We're only moving the git host, bugzilla (for issues) and
mailing lists (for patch submission and review) will stay as-is.

Cheers, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation

* Re: [igt-dev] IGT migration to gitlab
@ 2018-10-12 20:35 ` Rodrigo Vivi
From: Rodrigo Vivi @ 2018-10-12 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Vetter; +Cc: IGT development, Petri Latvala

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 03:13:27PM +0200, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We finally have all the bits lined up to move igt to gitlab. Here's
> the timeline:
>
> 1. fd.o admins: Migrate all the new accounts to gitlab.fd.o. All older
> accounts have been migrated already in spring this year, so this only
> affects people who recently gained fd.o access. This will happen on
> the coming w/e, 13/14th Oct.
>
> 2. All committers need to activate their gitlab account and set up the SSH keys:
> - https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/users/sign_in -> "Forgot your
> password?". The username is the same as your fd.o one. The email
> password recovery will use is the same as you've registered for your
> fd.o account. Please ping either maintainers or fd.o admins if you
> can't get the password recovery mail and your email needs to be
> updated.
> - Once you're logged in, got to
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/profile/keys and set up your ssh keys.
> If your account is migrated already you can go right ahead and do this now.
>
> IMPORTANT: Please do not create a new account, or we'll need to
> manually fix up permissions afterwards.
>
> 3. fd.o admins: Will migrate the igt repo itself on the w/e of 20/21st
> Oct. The old git repo will continue to exists, but as a read-only
> mirror.
>
> 4. All committers: Update the git remote to the new url, it will be
> git@gitlab.freedesktop.org:drm/igt-gpu-tools.git

This as is didn't work.

$ git remote add origin git@gitlab.freedesktop.org:drm/igt-gpu-tools.git
$ tsocks git fetch origin
GitLab: The project you were looking for could not be found.

and the repository exists.

-----

So I went to the web to search to the ssh tag like I have here working for
mesa and libdrm:

ssh://git@gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa
ssh://git@gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/drm

But I couldn't easily find the igt on gitlab projects.

no return on search for igt. no return on search for igt-gpu-tools

I found this space:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/igt

But also no project inside with git repository.

So, what am I missing?

Thanks,
Rodrigo.

@ 2018-10-15 12:53   ` Arkadiusz Hiler
From: Arkadiusz Hiler @ 2018-10-15 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rodrigo Vivi; +Cc: IGT development, Petri Latvala

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 01:35:54PM -0700, Rodrigo Vivi wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 03:13:27PM +0200, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We finally have all the bits lined up to move igt to gitlab. Here's
> > the timeline:
> >
> > 1. fd.o admins: Migrate all the new accounts to gitlab.fd.o. All older
> > accounts have been migrated already in spring this year, so this only
> > affects people who recently gained fd.o access. This will happen on
> > the coming w/e, 13/14th Oct.
> >
> > 2. All committers need to activate their gitlab account and set up the SSH keys:
> > - https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/users/sign_in -> "Forgot your
> > password?". The username is the same as your fd.o one. The email
> > password recovery will use is the same as you've registered for your
> > fd.o account. Please ping either maintainers or fd.o admins if you
> > can't get the password recovery mail and your email needs to be
> > updated.
> > - Once you're logged in, got to
> > https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/profile/keys and set up your ssh keys.
> > If your account is migrated already you can go right ahead and do this now.
> >
> > IMPORTANT: Please do not create a new account, or we'll need to
> > manually fix up permissions afterwards.
> >
> > 3. fd.o admins: Will migrate the igt repo itself on the w/e of 20/21st
> > Oct. The old git repo will continue to exists, but as a read-only
> > mirror.
> >
> > 4. All committers: Update the git remote to the new url, it will be
> > git@gitlab.freedesktop.org:drm/igt-gpu-tools.git
>
> This as is didn't work.
>
> $ git remote add origin git@gitlab.freedesktop.org:drm/igt-gpu-tools.git
> $ tsocks git fetch origin
> GitLab: The project you were looking for could not be found.
>
> Please make sure you have the correct access rights
> and the repository exists.
>
> -----
>
> So I went to the web to search to the ssh tag like I have here working for
> mesa and libdrm:
>
> ssh://git@gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa
> ssh://git@gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/drm
>
> But I couldn't easily find the igt on gitlab projects.
>
> no return on search for igt. no return on search for igt-gpu-tools
>
> I found this space:

> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/igt
>
> But also no project inside with git repository.
>
> So, what am I missing?

The repo is not there yet:

> > 3. fd.o admins: Will migrate the igt repo itself on the w/e of 20/21st

still a week to go

--
Arek
Cheers,

* Re: [igt-dev] IGT migration to gitlab
@ 2018-10-21  9:14 ` Daniel Stone
From: Daniel Stone @ 2018-10-21  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Vetter; +Cc: igt-dev, Petri Latvala

Hi,

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 at 14:13, Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter@ffwll.ch> wrote:
> 1. fd.o admins: Migrate all the new accounts to gitlab.fd.o. All older
> accounts have been migrated already in spring this year, so this only
> affects people who recently gained fd.o access. This will happen on
> the coming w/e, 13/14th Oct.

This was done (only a couple of accounts) last week.

> 2. All committers need to activate their gitlab account and set up the SSH keys:
> - https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/users/sign_in -> "Forgot your
> password?". The username is the same as your fd.o one. The email
> password recovery will use is the same as you've registered for your
> fd.o account. Please ping either maintainers or fd.o admins if you
> can't get the password recovery mail and your email needs to be
> updated.
> - Once you're logged in, got to
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/profile/keys and set up your ssh keys.
> If your account is migrated already you can go right ahead and do this now.
>
> IMPORTANT: Please do not create a new account, or we'll need to
> manually fix up permissions afterwards.

If you have any problems with this step, please contact me directly.

> 3. fd.o admins: Will migrate the igt repo itself on the w/e of 20/21st
> Oct. The old git repo will continue to exists, but as a read-only
> mirror.

This is done now. Any pushes to the old repo will fail, though it gets
updates as a read-only mirror.

Cheers,
Daniel