* Probe-defer and loading firmware
@ 2014-07-06 14:34 jonsmirl at gmail.com
From: jonsmirl at gmail.com @ 2014-07-06 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

I just tried building the Broadcom wifi driver into my kernel which
didn't work.  The problem is that it needs to load firmware and the
filesystem with the firmware on it hasn't been mounted yet.  The
firmware is on my rootfs and I had rootwait on the kernel command
line.

Is it possible to get this to work? Shouldn't request-firmware do a
probe-defer type operation until after rootwait completes?

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com

* Probe-defer and loading firmware