* Getting gprs context username and password
@ 2018-09-06 16:31 Mark van der Putten
From: Mark van der Putten @ 2018-09-06 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

In the gemalto plugin (static void gemalto_post_sim(struct ofono_modem
*modem)) or maybe something sooner in startup phase I would like to
implement AT^SGAUTH

> AT^SGAUTH specifies the authentication protocol, password and user
name to be
> given if a Packet Domain network requires authentication and the
subscriber
> uses AT+CGACT for PDP context activation.

Because connecting with lte to this private APN must be done with radius
authentication.
Hard coding does the trick, but what would be the correct ofono way to
execute the following:

g_at_chat_send(data->app, "AT^SGAUTH=1,2,\"xxx\",\"xxx\"",NULL, NULL,
NULL, g_free);

substituting xxx with username and password.

PS gprs context 1 has correct values for:
[context1]
Name=gprs
AccessPointName=private.apn
Username=xxx
Password=xxx
AuthenticationMethod=chap
Type=internet
Protocol=ip

Regards,
Mark

Please consider the environment before printing this email. This e-mail, and any files transmitted with it, is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the person or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your records. On all our offers, sales and deliveries our General Terms of Delivery are applicable, excluding all other Terms and Conditions. Our terms have been deposited at the Chamber of commerce Eindhoven (The Netherlands), reference number 17065041, a copy of these terms is enclosed with all quotations, a hardcopy also can be send on your request. You can find our General Terms online at https://www.intemo.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/FHI-Algemene-Leveringsvoorwaarden-2014-ENGELS.pdf Op al onze aanbiedingen, verkopen en leveringen zijn, met uitsluiting van alle andere voorwaarden, onze algemene voorwaarden van toepassing. Deze zijn gedeponeerd bij de Kamer van Koophandel te Eindhoven onder nummer 17065041. Bij iedere offerte hoe ook verzonden zijn de algemene voorwaarden bijgevoegd, een kopie kan op aanvraag ook per post worden toegezonden. U kunt onze algemene voorwaarden online inzien op https://www.intemo.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/FHI-Algemene-Leveringsvoorwaarden-2014-NEDERLANDS.pdf

* Re: Getting gprs context username and password
@ 2018-09-06 16:43 ` Denis Kenzior
From: Denis Kenzior @ 2018-09-06 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

Hi Mark,

On 09/06/2018 11:31 AM, Mark van der Putten wrote:
> In the gemalto plugin (static void gemalto_post_sim(struct ofono_modem
> *modem)) or maybe something sooner in startup phase I would like to
> implement AT^SGAUTH

Hmm, are you sure you actually need the AT^SGAUTH?

Gemalto is using the atmodem driver.  This driver uses PPP.  Generally
any CHAP/PAP authentication is done during PPP negotiation phase, not
via any vendor +FOOAUTH commands (although I think there are a few
exceptions now)

For modems that use a high-speed interface, the auth parameters are sent
during context setup phase.  e.g. after +CGDCONT.  See
drivers/ifxmodem/gprs-context.c setup_cb() for an example.

If you do need the SGAUTH, then the logical place to put it would be
into drivers/atmodem/gprs-context.c and use a vendor quirk for gemalto.
E.g. something like:

switch(gcd->vendor) {
case OFONO_VENDOR_GEMALTO:
	g_at_chat_send(gcd->chat, "AT^XGAUTH..."....);
	break;
}

Regards,
-Denis

* Re: Getting gprs context username and password
@ 2018-09-06 16:56   ` Giacinto Cifelli
From: Giacinto Cifelli @ 2018-09-06 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

hi Mark,

may I know which module are you using?

Regards,
Giacinto

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 6:43 PM Denis Kenzior <denkenz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> On 09/06/2018 11:31 AM, Mark van der Putten wrote:
> > In the gemalto plugin (static void gemalto_post_sim(struct ofono_modem
> > *modem)) or maybe something sooner in startup phase I would like to
> > implement AT^SGAUTH
>
> Hmm, are you sure you actually need the AT^SGAUTH?
>
> Gemalto is using the atmodem driver.  This driver uses PPP.  Generally
> any CHAP/PAP authentication is done during PPP negotiation phase, not
> via any vendor +FOOAUTH commands (although I think there are a few
> exceptions now)
>
> For modems that use a high-speed interface, the auth parameters are sent
> during context setup phase.  e.g. after +CGDCONT.  See
> drivers/ifxmodem/gprs-context.c setup_cb() for an example.
>
> If you do need the SGAUTH, then the logical place to put it would be
> into drivers/atmodem/gprs-context.c and use a vendor quirk for gemalto.
> E.g. something like:
>
> switch(gcd->vendor) {
> case OFONO_VENDOR_GEMALTO:
>         g_at_chat_send(gcd->chat, "AT^XGAUTH..."....);
>         break;
> }
>
> Regards,
> -Denis

[-- Attachment #2: attachment.html --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 1918 bytes --]

* Re: Getting gprs context username and password
@ 2018-09-07  7:01   ` Mark van der Putten
From: Mark van der Putten @ 2018-09-07  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

Hi Denis,

Hmm, are you sure you actually need the AT^SGAUTH?
I can explain a bit of the reason why I came to AT^SGAUTH modification.
@Giacinto it is module PLS8-E (Testing with firmware 3.017)

3G support from providers in NL is at its end. So we switched to PLS8-E (lte) modem. All seems to be working as expected 3G and also the switch to lte, this is on stock provider sim card.
But a customer uses a private APN with radius authentication. 3G context activation is fine but connecting with lte did not happen.

Research by the provider showed that authentication on lte did not happen.

MSISDN

Procedure

Duration

IPv4 Address

RAT

Cause

Initiator

LTE

3197012229997

PDN Create Session Rejected

00:00:00.015

EUTRAN

User authentication failed (92)

MME

LTE

3197012229997

PDN Create Session Rejected

00:00:00.015

EUTRAN

User authentication failed (92)

MME

LTE

3197012229997

PDN Create Session Rejected

00:00:00.019

EUTRAN

User authentication failed (92)

MME

LTE

3197012229997

PDN Create Session Rejected

00:00:00.009

EUTRAN

User authentication failed (92)

MME

LTE

3197012229997

PDN Create Session Rejected

00:00:00.009

EUTRAN

User authentication failed (92)

MME

2G/3G

3197012229997

PDP Context Activated

00:00:00.161

xxxx

UTRAN

Request accepted (128)

SGSN

For test purposes hardcode AT^SDAUTH fixes the authentication.

[...]

[-- Type: text/html, Size: 14634 bytes --]

* Re: Getting gprs context username and password
@ 2018-09-07  7:54     ` Giacinto Cifelli
From: Giacinto Cifelli @ 2018-09-07  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono