* [LSF/MM ATTEND] Attend mm summit 2018
@ 2018-02-22  2:54 Balbir Singh
From: Balbir Singh @ 2018-02-22  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lsf-pc; +Cc: linux-mm

I did not send out an official request to attend earlier, but I was
invited by Jerome to attend. I was traveling for a big part of Jan and
some part of Feb 2018 and hence the delay in sending out this email
with my desire to attend

I did a proposal last year for N_COHERENT_MEMORY, but there was
suggestions that for coherent memory we do ZONE_DEVICE and thus
HMM/CDM came into the picture. I have good knowledge of the memory
cgroups subsystem and have been looking at HMM and HMM/CDM for over a
year now and playing with ZONE_DEVICE in general. I would like to
attend to learn and discuss on the following topics

1. HMM and HMM-CDM and arguments for whether NUMA makes sense or not.
Experiences gained with both technologies.
2. Memory cgroups - I don't see a pressing need for many new features,
but I'd like to see if we can revive some old proposals around virtual
memory limits

Balbir Singh.