* translation
@ 2012-04-18  2:30 simple w8
From: simple w8 @ 2012-04-18  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hi,

I have runned last git version and saw that now there are some strings
translated in my native lang, but they are badly translated, with
spell errors, severall with untranslated string mixed with translated
strings, seams the translation is not being done by someone that
speaks native lang.

Now i ask how is possible to fix this situation?

* Re: translation
@ 2012-04-18  3:00 ` David Barr
From: David Barr @ 2012-04-18  3:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: simple w8; +Cc: git

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 12:30 PM, simple w8 <simplew8@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have runned last git version and saw that now there are some strings
> translated in my native lang, but they are badly translated, with
> spell errors, severall with untranslated string mixed with translated
> strings, seams the translation is not being done by someone that
> speaks native lang.

Which language? Although, I think only a handful have landed.

> Now i ask how is possible to fix this situation?

See "l10n: the maintaince(sic) of git-po repo" [1]

--
David Barr

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/191751

* translation
@ 2004-10-05  9:08 Russell Coker
From: Russell Coker @ 2004-10-05  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SE Linux

On http://www.coker.com.au/selinux/translation.html I am compiling a list of
translators for SE Linux email.

There are some people who ask me questions about SE Linux who don't have
English as their native language and whom I have difficulty communicating
with (and presumably many more who don't even send me email due to lack of
English language skills).  Having a list of people who can translate such
email will make things easier for everyone.  So far I only have a Spanish
translator, but I would like to have translators for Portuguese, French,
German, Chinese, and the main Indian languages.  Naturally if I get
volunteers with other language skills I'll add them to the page, but the
languages I just listed are the ones that seem most likely to be useful.

To be a translator you need to have good email access, have good written
English skills and excellent written language skills in the language you are
volunteering to translate.  It would be good for translators to use SE Linux
so that mistakes aren't made in terminology, but this isn't strictly
required.

* translation
@ 2004-04-29 19:16 pepo
From: pepo @ 2004-04-29 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi friends...

  Please, I want to use (and maybe offer to my LAN) some tool to translate
words/documents between two languages (english-spanish, spanish-english)...

  Which is the best way?... I was used "dict" but the list of words is
incomplete.

  Do I can use kbabel, aspell or ispell to make translation english-spanish
and viceversa ?

A lot of thanks.

--
  Linux User Registered #232544