* Questions on Falcon Command Processor
@ 2019-07-09 20:36 Fernando Sahmkow
       [not found] ` <CA+MSTo-k37qmJ1zZbUECm2HpuhZmSZoOxtypbkT2y8=q-x1vtw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Fernando Sahmkow @ 2019-07-09 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nouveau-PD4FTy7X32lNgt0PjOBp9y5qC8QIuHrW

So now I'm to looking to implement NVDec and as far as I know the game
submits a series of commands to the service. This commands are processed by
Falcon and then it does its magic. Do you guys got any RE on Falcon
commands and how they execute different workloads ?

* Re: Questions on Falcon Command Processor
       [not found] ` <CA+MSTo-k37qmJ1zZbUECm2HpuhZmSZoOxtypbkT2y8=q-x1vtw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-07-09 21:24   ` Ilia Mirkin
From: Ilia Mirkin @ 2019-07-09 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fernando Sahmkow; +Cc: nouveau

I believe that NVDec is similar to the MSDEC engines (BSP, VP, and
PPP) on Kepler GPUs. You can see the details of the various bits being
submitted here:

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/tree/src/gallium/drivers/nouveau/nouveau_vp3_video.h
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/tree/src/gallium/drivers/nouveau/nouveau_vp3_video_bsp.c
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/tree/src/gallium/drivers/nouveau/nouveau_vp3_video_vp.c

and some related code. I haven't investigated the precise details of
NVDec yet, but rumors suggest it should be similar, even though it's a
single engine now rather than many. You'll have to do some sniffing.

Cheers,

  -ilia