From: Sachin Prabhu <sachin.prabhu@gmail.com>
To: Steve French <smfrench@gmail.com>
Cc: CIFS <linux-cifs@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: cifs.upcall debugging
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 23:13:07 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello Steve,

Good to hear from you. I will consider what parts should be added to
the wiki. It has been so long since I've debugged this part, that I
need to refresh my memory before I can give you a good answer.

get_tgt_time: unable to get principal

The strace for the cifs.upcall helper is available at
http://sprabhu.blogspot.com/2014/12/debugging-calls-to-cifsupcall.html
The debug logging for the cifs.upcall is pretty good and if you can
see the debug output, you can get a pretty good idea. If not, the
strace will show where it fails in obtaining the tgt and usually
contains the debug messages from the cifs.upcall.

Sachin Prabhu