* Two Issues with Btrfs Delayed Cleaner Process (linux-next)
@ 2012-10-08 17:41 Mitch Harder
From: Mitch Harder @ 2012-10-08 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

I've run across two issues with the delayed cleaner process running a
kernel based on the 3.6.0 btrfs-next branch in Josef's git repository.

(1)  I'm getting an error when trying to list my subvolumes whenever
the cleaner thread is running:

# btrfs su li /mnt/benchmark/
ERROR: Failed to lookup path for root 0 - No such file or directory

As long as the cleaner thread is idle, I can run this command without error.

(2)  I ran into an issue on a slower x86 machine (AMD Athlon XP 2600+)
where the cleaner thread literally required an hour to finish deleting
a subvolume that contained the sources for a kernel I had previously
built.

The machine was responsive the whole time, and the cleaner thread
never required much more than 5-10% of the CPU, leaving ample idle
time.

Interestingly, every attempt to replicate this behaviour resulted in
the cleaner thread finishing in a few seconds.

My first issue replicates every time the cleaner thread is running.

I'll need to work on the second issue for a while to see if I can get
it to replicate.