* 【 I WANT TO CONTRIBUTE 】by Doppo Sekino
@ 2022-02-16 10:59 Doppo Sekino
From: Doppo Sekino @ 2022-02-16 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Dear Git community staff

Hello, I'm a Japanese Software Engineer, and I love Git.
Today, I have a question about contributing to the Git Book of Japanease.

In the first place, can I contribute to the Git book ?
If I can't contribute, I want to only share existing problems.
If I can contribute to the Git book, could you tell me how to do it ?

Git Book of Japanese for website, there are strange links.
For example, This page.

When you click the link, it returns a 404 page.
I think it is not expected behavior. I want to fix this problem.

Thank you.

Bset regards,

Doppo Sekino
Twitter: @Doppo1033 ( https://twitter.com/Doppo1033 )
Github ID: Doppon ( https://github.com/Doppon )

* Re: 【 I WANT TO CONTRIBUTE 】by Doppo Sekino
@ 2022-02-16 13:02 ` Jean-Noël Avila
From: Jean-Noël Avila @ 2022-02-16 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doppo Sekino, git

On 16/02/2022, Doppo Sekino wrote:
> Dear Git community staff
>
> Hello, I'm a Japanese Software Engineer, and I love Git.
> Today, I have a question about contributing to the Git Book of Japanease.
>
> In the first place, can I contribute to the Git book ?
> If I can't contribute, I want to only share existing problems.
> If I can contribute to the Git book, could you tell me how to do it ?
>
> Git Book of Japanese for website, there are strange links.
> For example, This page.
>
> When you click the link, it returns a 404 page.
> I think it is not expected behavior. I want to fix this problem.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Bset regards,
>
> Doppo Sekino
> Twitter: @Doppo1033 ( https://twitter.com/Doppo1033 )
> Github ID: Doppon ( https://github.com/Doppon )

Hi Doppo,

The problem you are referring to is related to the Progit book and the
git-scm.com website, not the Git program itself.

In your case, the content is coming from the japanese translation of the
book.

The places to visit for these projects are

* the git-scm project at https://github.com/git/git-scm.com

* the japanese translation of Progit at https://github.com/progit/progit2-ja

 From the type of error, the issue is probably coming from the book
content that is not formatted for generating the website content, due to
some asciidoc error.

Jean-Noël