* Migration of some *.7 keyutils man pages from keyutils to man-pages
@ 2016-11-01 18:06 Michael Kerrisk (man-pages)
       [not found] ` <da3e1e69-bc26-fb2a-ce1f-980e77fc4652-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) @ 2016-11-01 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Howells
  Cc: mtk.manpages-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w, linux-man,
	keyrings-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Hi David

As we discussed face to face, it makes some sense to migrate various
of the section 7 keyutils man pages to the man-pages project, since
they document kernel-user-space interfaces.

Thus, I have just pulled the current copies of the following pages
into man-pages:

keyrings.7
persistent-keyring.7
process-keyring.7
session-keyring.7
thread-keyring.7
user-keyring.7
user-session-keyring.7

Could you please delete these from the keyutils package.

Note that I have NOT taken the keyutils.7 page, since that's an
overview page about the keyutils package and other bits and pieces.

Thanks,

Michael

--
Michael Kerrisk

* Re: Migration of some *.7 keyutils man pages from keyutils to man-pages
       [not found] ` <da3e1e69-bc26-fb2a-ce1f-980e77fc4652-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2016-11-26 12:50   ` Michael Kerrisk (man-pages)
       [not found]     ` <c7132641-17ac-8c92-0892-72d272527bce-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
       [not found]     ` <CAKgNAkg51nSYjNt-p_6GkAn9ZsuONy2KH1E0agvXaXCbm7Sj8g-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) @ 2016-11-26 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Howells
  Cc: mtk.manpages-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w, linux-man,
	keyrings-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Hello David,

Ping!

I've by now integrated the pages below into man-pages, and
substantially enhanced them. I want to ensure that we don't
create a file conflict in future releases of man-pages and
keyutils...

Cheers,

Michael

--

@ 2016-12-12 12:06       ` Michael Kerrisk (man-pages)
From: Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) @ 2016-12-12 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Howells; +Cc: Michael Kerrisk, linux-man, keyrings-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Hello David,

Ping! I'm now about to merge my edited versions of the pages that were
migrated from keyutils for the next release of man-pages (4.10).

Cheers,

Michael

--

@ 2016-12-13 10:44       ` David Howells
From: David Howells @ 2016-12-13 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mtk.manpages-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w
  Cc: dhowells-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA, linux-man,
	keyrings-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Hi Michael,

Sorry about that, I tried really hard to get the secure boot stuff done in
time for the merge window, but didn't quite make it this time.  So now I have
time to look at the keyutils manpages stuff.

David

@ 2016-12-13 10:45   ` David Howells
       [not found]     ` <24383.1481625938-S6HVgzuS8uM4Awkfq6JHfwNdhmdF6hFW@public.gmane.org>
       [not found]     ` <CAKgNAkij-OBkK8-eEj=kCLLCzv5OCHu_C81mqOC_fbQJbD0PAA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: David Howells @ 2016-12-13 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Kerrisk (man-pages)
  Cc: dhowells-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA, linux-man,
	keyrings-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) <mtk.manpages-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> As we discussed face to face, it makes some sense to migrate various
> of the section 7 keyutils man pages to the man-pages project, since
> they document kernel-user-space interfaces.
>
> Thus, I have just pulled the current copies of the following pages
> into man-pages:
>
> keyrings.7
> persistent-keyring.7
> process-keyring.7
> session-keyring.7
> thread-keyring.7
> user-keyring.7
> user-session-keyring.7
>
> Could you please delete these from the keyutils package.
>
> Note that I have NOT taken the keyutils.7 page, since that's an
> overview page about the keyutils package and other bits and pieces.

Do you want to give me a patch for this so that the commit has your details on
it?

David

@ 2016-12-13 11:36       ` Michael Kerrisk (man-pages)
From: Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) @ 2016-12-13 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Howells; +Cc: linux-man, keyrings-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Hi David,

On 13 December 2016 at 11:45, David Howells <dhowells-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) <mtk.manpages-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
>> As we discussed face to face, it makes some sense to migrate various
>> of the section 7 keyutils man pages to the man-pages project, since
>> they document kernel-user-space interfaces.
>>
>> Thus, I have just pulled the current copies of the following pages
>> into man-pages:
>>
>> keyrings.7
>> persistent-keyring.7
>> process-keyring.7
>> session-keyring.7
>> thread-keyring.7
>> user-keyring.7
>> user-session-keyring.7
>>
>> Could you please delete these from the keyutils package.
>>
>> Note that I have NOT taken the keyutils.7 page, since that's an
>> overview page about the keyutils package and other bits and pieces.
>
> Do you want to give me a patch for this so that the commit has your details on
> it?

Yes, I can do that. I already have some other fixes already sent as a
pull request. Could you take a look at those?

Cheers,

Michael

--

@ 2016-12-13 13:47       ` David Howells
       [not found]         ` <27361.1481636843-S6HVgzuS8uM4Awkfq6JHfwNdhmdF6hFW@public.gmane.org>
       [not found]         ` <CAKgNAkheoNoft0G_smDfmM0zZPvTj65jSxQ0rGfS2QVX4=rORA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: David Howells @ 2016-12-13 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mtk.manpages-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w
  Cc: dhowells-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA, linux-man,
	keyrings-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) <mtk.manpages-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Yes, I can do that. I already have some other fixes already sent as a
> pull request. Could you take a look at those?

Yep, they look okay.  Just looking at what to pull them on top of.  I've
already got some non-published patches committed to my master branch and a
slightly different variant of those patches committed to the next branch and
published there :-/

David

@ 2016-12-13 13:54           ` Michael Kerrisk (man-pages)
From: Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) @ 2016-12-13 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Howells; +Cc: linux-man, keyrings-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Hi David,

On 13 December 2016 at 14:47, David Howells <dhowells-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) <mtk.manpages-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
>> Yes, I can do that. I already have some other fixes already sent as a
>> pull request. Could you take a look at those?
>
> Yep, they look okay.  Just looking at what to pull them on top of.  I've
> already got some non-published patches committed to my master branch and a
> slightly different variant of those patches committed to the next branch and
> published there :-/

Ow! I also have a few other patches I want to send, but was wanting to
wait until you took these. Hopefully, my other changes don't get
broken by your unpublished patches...

Cheers,

Michael

--

@ 2016-12-13 14:23           ` David Howells
From: David Howells @ 2016-12-13 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mtk.manpages-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w, Mat Martineau
  Cc: dhowells-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA, linux-man,
	keyrings-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) <mtk.manpages-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Ow! I also have a few other patches I want to send, but was wanting to
> wait until you took these. Hopefully, my other changes don't get
> broken by your unpublished patches...

Okay, take a look at the next branch.  I rejigged one of the patches in what I
had there to change 'private' to 'priv' to prevent C++ from getting upset.
Your branch is pulled on top.

David