* Re: Suppression of touchscreen driver ft6326
       [not found] <CAKh=nwFgPE=6WNys9FWefftcNrgAeXCSEDj-facvYc6_pb6WjA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2016-11-21 10:08 ` Hans de Goede
From: Hans de Goede @ 2016-11-21 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emmanuel Deloget, linux-input; +Cc: dmitry.torokhov

Hi,

On 21-11-16 11:05, Emmanuel Deloget wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've seen that the 4.9-rc0 pull request for the input submodule [1] was removing the ft6326 driver (the edt-ft5x06 driver is supposed to be equivalent).
>
> Yet, there are some small things (that I happen to use, unfortunately) that are not handled neither by the touchscreen API nor by the new driver, namely the OF properties touchscreen-inverted-x, touchscreen-inverted-y and touchscreen-swapped-x-y. These are really helpfull when you deal with strange screen orientation.
>
> Is there a plan to implement these before the release of 4.9 (in order to make the new driver a full equivalent of the removed one) ?

What makes you think that the edt-ft5x06 driver does not take
touchscreen-inverted-x and friends into account ?

That has been fixed quite a while ago, it uses the new
touchscreen_parse_properties() and touchscreen_report_pos()
helper functions which take these into account.

Please give it a try, it should work.

Regards,

Hans

* Re: Suppression of touchscreen driver ft6326
@ 2016-11-21 10:18   ` Emmanuel Deloget
From: Emmanuel Deloget @ 2016-11-21 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans de Goede; +Cc: linux-input, dmitry.torokhov

Hello,

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 11:08 AM, Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 21-11-16 11:05, Emmanuel Deloget wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've seen that the 4.9-rc0 pull request for the input submodule [1] was
>> removing the ft6326 driver (the edt-ft5x06 driver is supposed to be
>> equivalent).
>>
>> Yet, there are some small things (that I happen to use, unfortunately)
>> that are not handled neither by the touchscreen API nor by the new driver,
>> namely the OF properties touchscreen-inverted-x, touchscreen-inverted-y and
>> touchscreen-swapped-x-y. These are really helpfull when you deal with
>> strange screen orientation.
>>
>> Is there a plan to implement these before the release of 4.9 (in order to
>> make the new driver a full equivalent of the removed one) ?
>

> What makes you think that the edt-ft5x06 driver does not take
> touchscreen-inverted-x and friends into account ?
>
> That has been fixed quite a while ago, it uses the new
> touchscreen_parse_properties() and touchscreen_report_pos()
> helper functions which take these into account.

My bad. I was looking at 2 different kernel trees - the 4.9-rc and a
4.4 (which lacks the -inverted-* properties).

Sorry for the question and the wasted time.

> Please give it a try, it should work.
>
> Regards,
>
> Hans

Regards,