* [Qemu-devel] STM32F205 SysTick emulation
@ 2015-05-29  7:12 Liviu Ionescu
From: Liviu Ionescu @ 2015-05-29  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: QEMU Developers

I did some tests and comparisons between my new Cortex-M implementation and the existing lm3s6965evb and netduino2 boards, and it seems the stm32f205 does not enable the SysTick device, since my simple seconds counting application hangs.

exactly the same application works properly on lm3s6965evb and on my stm32f* boards.

Alistair, do you remember doing any SysTick tests on your netduino2 board? is SysTick currently not implemented or am I doing something wrong?

regards,

Liviu

* Re: [Qemu-devel] STM32F205 SysTick emulation
@ 2015-05-30  4:17 ` Alistair Francis
From: Alistair Francis @ 2015-05-30  4:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Liviu Ionescu; +Cc: QEMU Developers

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 5:12 PM, Liviu Ionescu <ilg@livius.net> wrote:
> I did some tests and comparisons between my new Cortex-M implementation and the existing lm3s6965evb and netduino2 boards, and it seems the stm32f205 does not enable the SysTick device, since my simple seconds counting application hangs.
>
> exactly the same application works properly on lm3s6965evb and on my stm32f* boards.
>
> Alistair, do you remember doing any SysTick tests on your netduino2 board? is SysTick currently not implemented or am I doing something wrong?

Hmm... I don't remember doing any specific SysTick tests. All of my
test cases are based around what students are working on in a course,
so if they aren't using it I didn't test it.

I also have a lot better support out of tree, I'm still slowly working
on upstreaming it (I should have another patch series today).

Is this what you are talking about?
https://github.com/alistair23/qemu/commit/c30ed1b5b39b32488d63e3782a540906bb10617a

Thanks,

Alistair

@ 2015-05-30 19:18   ` Liviu Ionescu
From: Liviu Ionescu @ 2015-05-30 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alistair Francis; +Cc: QEMU Developers

> On 30 May 2015, at 07:17, Alistair Francis <alistair23@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I also have a lot better support out of tree, I'm still slowly working
> on upstreaming it (I should have another patch series today).

my implementation is based on the existing Stellaris MCUs, and SysTick was functional from the very beginning, perhaps you can check the differences between your implememtation and Stellaris.

> Is this what you are talking about?
> https://github.com/alistair23/qemu/commit/c30ed1b5b39b32488d63e3782a540906bb10617a

that might also be necessary, but there must be something else.

@ 2015-06-03  6:57     ` Alistair Francis
From: Alistair Francis @ 2015-06-03  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Liviu Ionescu; +Cc: QEMU Developers

On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 5:18 AM, Liviu Ionescu <ilg@livius.net> wrote:

>> On 30 May 2015, at 07:17, Alistair Francis <alistair23@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I also have a lot better support out of tree, I'm still slowly working
>> on upstreaming it (I should have another patch series today).
>
> my implementation is based on the existing Stellaris MCUs, and SysTick was functional from the very beginning, perhaps you can check the differences between your implememtation and Stellaris.

Ok, thanks. I'll have another look and see what I can find.

>> Is this what you are talking about?
>> https://github.com/alistair23/qemu/commit/c30ed1b5b39b32488d63e3782a540906bb10617a
>
> that might also be necessary, but there must be something else.

Do you have the tests you are using available anywhere?

It'd be great to have more tests to run on the machine.

Thanks,

Alistair

@ 2015-06-03  7:42       ` Liviu Ionescu
From: Liviu Ionescu @ 2015-06-03  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alistair Francis; +Cc: QEMU Developers

> On 03 Jun 2015, at 09:57, Alistair Francis <alistair23@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> ... Do you have the tests you are using available anywhere?
>
> ... It'd be great to have more tests to run on the machine.

I use projects generated by the GNU ARM Eclipse C/C++ wizards. The "Hello World ARM Cortex-M" template can generate C or C++ projects with or without semihosting, with or without tracing, for Cortex-M3, M4, with a short loop counting time with SysTick, etc.

regards,

Liviu