* [U-Boot] post in uboot
@ 2013-12-26 10:13 shobin b
From: shobin b @ 2013-12-26 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,
  How can i enable post in uboot for arm.Now currently in my uboot ,in post
folder there is only support for ppc,mpc like that only, no support for
arm.How to do post for arm.I am using colibri_t20(toradex) with iris
carrier board.Please give me a solution.

regards,
shobin.b

* [U-Boot] post in uboot
@ 2013-12-26 18:36 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2013-12-26 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear shobin b,

In message <CAKntGe-X5vk6U7TRRprucaTU2H03B9d1MDPi5f0sDvNxQ0uJ8g@mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

>   How can i enable post in uboot for arm.Now currently in my uboot ,in post
> folder there is only support for ppc,mpc like that only, no support for
> arm.How to do post for arm.I am using colibri_t20(toradex) with iris
> carrier board.Please give me a solution.

POST is a pretty much unclear definition - there are many different
components - some are borard specific, some are architecture specific,
and some are generic.  You can always eneable the generic parts (say,
the memory test); if you need architecture, processor or board
specific features, then these may have to be added.

Patches for ARM specific code are welcome.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets  you  choose  your
own form of misery.

* [U-Boot] post in uboot
@ 2013-12-30 17:45 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2013-12-30 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear shobin b,

In message <CAKntGe84EN+0fpJ6-Y10p0xxSakHg-5iL7occk8RRyXZnh8A=g@mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

>   Any one know how to do post in uboot?i am using uboot-toradex.In that
> when at boot time i have to check the peripherals attached to our
> board(like usb,uart,ethernet,..).how to do these things in uboot?
>
> please tell me the solution.

You have asked the same question before, and I answered it:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/176741

It makes no sense to ignore answers and ask the same question again -
actually it is counter-productive, as it is a really frustrating
experience for those who spend their free time trying to help you.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
There is wisdom in turning as often as possible from the familiar  to
the  unfamiliar: it keeps the mind nimble, it kills prejudice, and it
fosters humor.                                     - George Santayana

* [U-Boot] post in uboot
@ 2013-12-30  4:59 shobin b