* ELC 2015 - March - San Jose
@ 2015-01-07 16:20 Steven Toth
From: Steven Toth @ 2015-01-07 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux-Media

Is anyone planning to attend this year?

- Steve

--
Steven Toth - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com

* Re: ELC 2015 - March - San Jose
@ 2015-01-07 18:31 ` Hans Verkuil
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2015-01-07 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven Toth, Linux-Media

On 01/07/2015 05:20 PM, Steven Toth wrote:
> Is anyone planning to attend this year?

I'm planning to attend.

Regards,

	Hans

* Re: ELC 2015 - March - San Jose
@ 2015-01-08 16:54   ` Shuah Khan
From: Shuah Khan @ 2015-01-08 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Verkuil; +Cc: Steven Toth, Linux-Media

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> On 01/07/2015 05:20 PM, Steven Toth wrote:
>> Is anyone planning to attend this year?
>
> I'm planning to attend.

I am planning to attend as well.

-- Shuah

* Media Summit planning for 2015 - was: Re: ELC 2015 - March - San Jose
@ 2015-01-08 19:19     ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab @ 2015-01-08 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux-Media; +Cc: Shuah Khan, Hans Verkuil, Steven Toth

Hi all,

I want to do the media planning for 2015. As we've agreed last year, we're
planning to do one media summit together with the Kernel Summit. While
things may change, this year, KS will likely happen by Oct in Korea.

I think we may do another summit in US. Looking at:
	http://events.linuxfoundation.org/

Some possible events would be to do it together with:
	ELC - end of March - San Jose, CA - US
	LinuxCon - mid of August - Seattle, WA - US

I took a look at https://lwn.net/Calendar/ to see if are there some
other event at the first semester, as LinuxCon seems too close to
KS, and ELC means about two months to prepare for it, but was unable
to find some other interesting event that we could use to merge
with the Media Summit.

Of course, nothing prevents us to choose some other event or even
do a Media Summit that would be independent. We did one like that
already in the past, in Helsinki.

That's said, probably, the best would be to do the first media
summit together with ELC, if we have enough people for it and
enough subject for discussions.

What do you think?

>From my side, I'd like to do some deeper discussions related to
DVB media controller API.

Regards,
Mauro

Em Thu, 8 Jan 2015 09:54:17 -0700
Shuah Khan <shuahkhan@gmail.com> escreveu:

> On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > On 01/07/2015 05:20 PM, Steven Toth wrote:
> >> Is anyone planning to attend this year?
> >
> > I'm planning to attend.
> >

> I am planning to attend as well.
>
> -- Shuah

Cheers,
Mauro

* Re: Media Summit planning for 2015 - was: Re: ELC 2015 - March - San Jose
@ 2015-01-08 20:20       ` Shuah Khan
From: Shuah Khan @ 2015-01-08 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mauro Carvalho Chehab; +Cc: Linux-Media, Hans Verkuil, Steven Toth

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 12:19 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
<mchehab@osg.samsung.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to do the media planning for 2015. As we've agreed last year, we're
> planning to do one media summit together with the Kernel Summit. While
> things may change, this year, KS will likely happen by Oct in Korea.
>
> I think we may do another summit in US. Looking at:
>         http://events.linuxfoundation.org/
>
> Some possible events would be to do it together with:
>         ELC - end of March - San Jose, CA - US
>         LinuxCon - mid of August - Seattle, WA - US
>
> I took a look at https://lwn.net/Calendar/ to see if are there some
> other event at the first semester, as LinuxCon seems too close to
> KS, and ELC means about two months to prepare for it, but was unable
> to find some other interesting event that we could use to merge
> with the Media Summit.
>
> Of course, nothing prevents us to choose some other event or even
> do a Media Summit that would be independent. We did one like that
> already in the past, in Helsinki.
>
> That's said, probably, the best would be to do the first media
> summit together with ELC, if we have enough people for it and
> enough subject for discussions.
>
> What do you think?
>
> From my side, I'd like to do some deeper discussions related to
> DVB media controller API.

I will start with voting yes on media summit at ELC. I missed the last
one in Europe.
I am also interested in DVB media controller API and the work in progress media
tokens.

thanks,
-- Shuah

* Re: Media Summit planning for 2015 - was: Re: ELC 2015 - March - San Jose
@ 2015-01-08 21:29       ` Hans Verkuil
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2015-01-08 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mauro Carvalho Chehab, Linux-Media; +Cc: Shuah Khan, Steven Toth

On 01/08/2015 08:19 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to do the media planning for 2015. As we've agreed last year, we're
> planning to do one media summit together with the Kernel Summit. While
> things may change, this year, KS will likely happen by Oct in Korea.
>
> I think we may do another summit in US. Looking at:
> 	http://events.linuxfoundation.org/
>
> Some possible events would be to do it together with:
> 	ELC - end of March - San Jose, CA - US
> 	LinuxCon - mid of August - Seattle, WA - US

I'll be at the ELC (as mentioned before) but it is highly unlikely I'll be
at LinuxCon. A LinuxCon is much more cloud/server/network oriented and much
less embedded systems/graphics/video oriented compared to an ELC or LPC.

I intend to skip LinuxCons in the future, unless there is some additional
reason above and beyond the conference itself for being there.

> I took a look at https://lwn.net/Calendar/ to see if are there some
> other event at the first semester, as LinuxCon seems too close to
> KS, and ELC means about two months to prepare for it, but was unable
> to find some other interesting event that we could use to merge
> with the Media Summit.
>
> Of course, nothing prevents us to choose some other event or even
> do a Media Summit that would be independent. We did one like that
> already in the past, in Helsinki.
>
> That's said, probably, the best would be to do the first media
> summit together with ELC, if we have enough people for it and
> enough subject for discussions.
>
> What do you think?

ELC is definitely the right place to do it as far as I am concerned.

I have booked the hotel, but not yet the flight. If the summit is
going to be next to as opposed to during the ELC, then I need to know
soon as I plan to book the flight early February.

Regards,

	Hans

@ 2015-01-08 22:24         ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab @ 2015-01-08 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Verkuil; +Cc: Linux-Media, Shuah Khan, Steven Toth

Em Thu, 08 Jan 2015 22:29:43 +0100
Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl> escreveu:

> On 01/08/2015 08:19 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I want to do the media planning for 2015. As we've agreed last year, we're
> > planning to do one media summit together with the Kernel Summit. While
> > things may change, this year, KS will likely happen by Oct in Korea.
> >
> > I think we may do another summit in US. Looking at:
> > 	http://events.linuxfoundation.org/
> >
> > Some possible events would be to do it together with:
> > 	ELC - end of March - San Jose, CA - US
> > 	LinuxCon - mid of August - Seattle, WA - US
>
> I'll be at the ELC (as mentioned before)

Ok, I added a request today in order to do it together with ELC, as it seems
we'll have enough people there for some discussions.

>From what I got, we'll have:
	Hans V.
	Steven
	Shuah
	Mauro

Who else?

I requested for one day (March, 26), as I'm not sure if we have enough
stuff for 2 days.

As usual, let's start collecting themes for discussions ;)

@ 2015-01-09 21:30           ` Guennadi Liakhovetski
From: Guennadi Liakhovetski @ 2015-01-09 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mauro Carvalho Chehab; +Cc: Hans Verkuil, Linux-Media, Shuah Khan, Steven Toth

Hi Mauro,

On Thu, 8 Jan 2015, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:

> Em Thu, 08 Jan 2015 22:29:43 +0100
> Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl> escreveu:
>
> > On 01/08/2015 08:19 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I want to do the media planning for 2015. As we've agreed last year, we're
> > > planning to do one media summit together with the Kernel Summit. While
> > > things may change, this year, KS will likely happen by Oct in Korea.
> > >
> > > I think we may do another summit in US. Looking at:
> > > 	http://events.linuxfoundation.org/
> > >
> > > Some possible events would be to do it together with:
> > > 	ELC - end of March - San Jose, CA - US
> > > 	LinuxCon - mid of August - Seattle, WA - US
> >
> > I'll be at the ELC (as mentioned before)
>
> Ok, I added a request today in order to do it together with ELC, as it seems
> we'll have enough people there for some discussions.
>
> >From what I got, we'll have:
> 	Hans V.
> 	Steven
> 	Shuah
> 	Mauro
>
> Who else?

I _might_ be able to attend, but let's put it as "very unlikely" for now.
Depends at least partially on topics, so far DVB MC might not be something
where I can meaningfully significantly contribute :)

Thanks
Guennadi