* TODO Lists
@ 2016-05-06 17:08 Darren Hart
From: Darren Hart @ 2016-05-06 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

At kernel summit Greg suggested sending our TODO lists to him. We'd like to have
a place to keep a feature wishlist and cleanups that aren't "bugs" that we can
update regularly and that is easy for people looking for work to find, and that
people like Greg can readily refer to as well.

Is there something already in place for this? It would be really nice if there
was a common infrastructure. I suppose we could use the bugzilla, but I think
I'd prefer that remained for actual bugs.

Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center

* Re: TODO Lists
@ 2016-05-10 12:56 ` Andy Shevchenko
From: Andy Shevchenko @ 2016-05-10 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 2016-05-06 at 10:08 -0700, Darren Hart wrote:
> At kernel summit Greg suggested sending our TODO lists to him. We'd
> like to have
> a place to keep a feature wishlist and cleanups that aren't "bugs"
> that we can
> update regularly and that is easy for people looking for work to find,
> and that
> people like Greg can readily refer to as well.
>
> Is there something already in place for this? It would be really nice
> if there
> was a common infrastructure. I suppose we could use the bugzilla, but
> I think
> I'd prefer that remained for actual bugs.
>
> Thanks,

Found this wiki page
http://kernelnewbies.org/IIO_tasks

Perhaps it might be a first site to store the thing.
Though I didn't easily found the link to that page from the front page.

--
Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@linux.intel.com>
Intel Finland Oy

* Re: TODO Lists
@ 2016-05-10 13:04   ` Shuah Khan
From: Shuah Khan @ 2016-05-10 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Shevchenko

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 6:56 AM, Andy Shevchenko
<andriy.shevchenko@linux.intel.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2016-05-06 at 10:08 -0700, Darren Hart wrote:
>> At kernel summit Greg suggested sending our TODO lists to him. We'd
>> like to have
>> a place to keep a feature wishlist and cleanups that aren't "bugs"
>> that we can
>> update regularly and that is easy for people looking for work to find,
>> and that
>> people like Greg can readily refer to as well.
>>
>> Is there something already in place for this? It would be really nice
>> if there
>> was a common infrastructure. I suppose we could use the bugzilla, but
>> I think
>> I'd prefer that remained for actual bugs.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

> Found this wiki page
> http://kernelnewbies.org/IIO_tasks
>
> Perhaps it might be a first site to store the thing.
> Though I didn't easily found the link to that page from the front page.

That is nice list with introduction to get people started. Lists are great
and one more thing that happens to lists is they get outdated and need
updates. List owner has to keep them updated as well. Making time for
all of this is the tricky part.

thanks,
-- Shuah

* Re: TODO Lists
@ 2016-05-17 15:48   ` Krzysztof Kozlowski
From: Krzysztof Kozlowski @ 2016-05-17 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Shevchenko

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 03:56:17PM +0300, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> On Fri, 2016-05-06 at 10:08 -0700, Darren Hart wrote:
> > At kernel summit Greg suggested sending our TODO lists to him. We'd
> > like to have
> > a place to keep a feature wishlist and cleanups that aren't "bugs"
> > that we can
> > update regularly and that is easy for people looking for work to find,
> > and that
> > people like Greg can readily refer to as well.
> >
> > Is there something already in place for this? It would be really nice
> > if there
> > was a common infrastructure. I suppose we could use the bugzilla, but
> > I think
> > I'd prefer that remained for actual bugs.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> Found this wiki page
> http://kernelnewbies.org/IIO_tasks

I store few tasks around Samsung here:
https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Exynos_Mainline_Kernel_TODO
Feel free to pass it further or edit.

The problem with generic lists is that you need a person with strong
ownership who will maintain it. Otherwise it will get abandoned over
time...

Best regards,
Krzysztof

* Re: TODO Lists
@ 2016-05-17 18:17 ` Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo @ 2016-05-17 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Darren Hart

Em Fri, May 06, 2016 at 10:08:03AM -0700, Darren Hart escreveu:
> At kernel summit Greg suggested sending our TODO lists to him. We'd like to have
> a place to keep a feature wishlist and cleanups that aren't "bugs" that we can
> update regularly and that is easy for people looking for work to find, and that
> people like Greg can readily refer to as well.
>
> Is there something already in place for this? It would be really nice if there
> was a common infrastructure. I suppose we could use the bugzilla, but I think
> I'd prefer that remained for actual bugs.

https://perf.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Todo

- Arnaldo

* Re: TODO Lists
@ 2016-05-18 20:38   ` Darren Hart
From: Darren Hart @ 2016-05-18 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 03:17:27PM -0300, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo wrote:
> Em Fri, May 06, 2016 at 10:08:03AM -0700, Darren Hart escreveu:
> > At kernel summit Greg suggested sending our TODO lists to him. We'd like to have
> > a place to keep a feature wishlist and cleanups that aren't "bugs" that we can
> > update regularly and that is easy for people looking for work to find, and that
> > people like Greg can readily refer to as well.
> >
> > Is there something already in place for this? It would be really nice if there
> > was a common infrastructure. I suppose we could use the bugzilla, but I think
> > I'd prefer that remained for actual bugs.
>
> https://perf.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Todo

Hrm, this looks like a reasonable way to go about it. Especially if we could
also create:

https://wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Todo which could automatically generate a
table of contents to all subdomain Todo lists.