* Re: [MPTCP] Community Coordination
@ 2018-03-06  9:36 Matthieu Baerts
From: Matthieu Baerts @ 2018-03-06  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mptcp

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 11:37 PM, Mat Martineau <mathew.j.martineau(a)linux.
intel.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Mar 2018, Matthieu Baerts wrote:
>
> Hi Mat,
>>
>> Thank you for this very nice email!
>> I agree with what you said. Here is just one more idea and one comment:
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 11:45 PM, Mat Martineau <
>> mathew.j.martineau(a)linux.intel.com> wrote:
>>       Coordinating amongst ourselves is a very challenging aspect of this
>> project. In my past kernel projects, collaboration among
>>       industry peers took place on a subsystem mailing list that was a
>> gateway to upstream. Similarly, mptcp-dev is a gateway to
>>       the multipath-tcp.org kernel. In both cases the roles are clearer
>> because there is direct interaction between the
>>       contributor and gatekeepers.
>>

>> Speaking about mptcp-dev, may I suggest you to forward this email to this
>> list?
>> When we talked about the this ML 2 weeks ago in Louvain-la-Neuve, not so
>> many people knew about it. Maybe other people from mptcp-dev ML
>> are interesting to contribute to this project.
>>

> Good idea, I'll send a (re)introduction message to mptcp-dev. We had a
> brief upstreaming discussion there last year, but reviewing the archives I
> see that I didn't update that thread after establishing mptcp(a)lists.01.org

Thank you!

I just found the messages you sent last year, I forgot about them. I guess
a reintroduction would then be good :-)

Best regards,
Matthieu
--
[image: Tessares SA] <http://www.tessares.net> Matthieu Baerts | R&D
Engineer

--

------------------------------
DISCLAIMER.

[-- Attachment #2: attachment.html --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 5011 bytes --]

* Re: [MPTCP] Community Coordination
@ 2018-03-05 22:37 Mat Martineau
From: Mat Martineau @ 2018-03-05 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mptcp

On Mon, 5 Mar 2018, Matthieu Baerts wrote:

> Hi Mat,
>
> Thank you for this very nice email!
> I agree with what you said. Here is just one more idea and one comment:
>
> On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 11:45 PM, Mat Martineau <mathew.j.martineau(a)linux.intel.com> wrote:
>       Coordinating amongst ourselves is a very challenging aspect of this project. In my past kernel projects, collaboration among
>       industry peers took place on a subsystem mailing list that was a gateway to upstream. Similarly, mptcp-dev is a gateway to
>       the multipath-tcp.org kernel. In both cases the roles are clearer because there is direct interaction between the
>       contributor and gatekeepers.
>

> Speaking about mptcp-dev, may I suggest you to forward this email to this list?
> When we talked about the this ML 2 weeks ago in Louvain-la-Neuve, not so many people knew about it. Maybe other people from mptcp-dev ML
> are interesting to contribute to this project.

Good idea, I'll send a (re)introduction message to mptcp-dev. We had a
brief upstreaming discussion there last year, but reviewing the archives I
see that I didn't update that thread after establishing mptcp(a)lists.01.org

>       Matthieu has offered to set up regular meetings, which I think will make it easier to plan our efforts and stay informed
>       about what everyone is working on. We should make sure each meeting has a designated notetaker who can post a summary to the
>       mailing list, so we have a record of what was discussed and people who couldn't attend or prefer written communication can
>       stay up to date. Watch the list for scheduling information.
>

> Thank you for accepting to participate!
> I proposed to have a first meeting this Thursday 8th of March at 17:00 UTC/GMT: 9am PST time zone, 6pm CET time zone. I am going to send
> a separate email for this meeting.
> Please tell if you want me to also send you the calendar invitation. I can also share this calendar invitation to this Mailing List.
>
> Good idea for the notes, I can start taking them if it is fine for everyone.

That would be very helpful, thank you.

--
Mat Martineau
Intel OTC

* Re: [MPTCP] Community Coordination
@ 2018-03-05 15:41 Matthieu Baerts
From: Matthieu Baerts @ 2018-03-05 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mptcp

intel.com> wrote:

> Coordinating amongst ourselves is a very challenging aspect of this
> project. In my past kernel projects, collaboration among industry peers
> took place on a subsystem mailing list that was a gateway to upstream.
> Similarly, mptcp-dev is a gateway to the multipath-tcp.org kernel. In
> both cases the roles are clearer because there is direct interaction
> between the contributor and gatekeepers.

Speaking about mptcp-dev, may I suggest you to forward this email to this
list?
When we talked about the this ML 2 weeks ago in Louvain-la-Neuve, not so
many people knew about it. Maybe other people from mptcp-dev ML are
interesting to contribute to this project.

Matthieu has offered to set up regular meetings, which I think will make it
> easier to plan our efforts and stay informed about what everyone is working
> on. We should make sure each meeting has a designated notetaker who can
> post a summary to the mailing list, so we have a record of what was
> discussed and people who couldn't attend or prefer written communication
> can stay up to date. Watch the list for scheduling information.

Thank you for accepting to participate!
I proposed to have a first meeting this Thursday 8th of March at 17:00
UTC/GMT: 9am PST time zone, 6pm CET time zone. I am going to send a
separate email for this meeting.
Please tell if you want me to also send you the calendar invitation. I can
also share this calendar invitation to this Mailing List.

Good idea for the notes, I can start taking them if it is fine for everyone.

Best regards,
Matthieu
--
[image: Tessares SA] <http://www.tessares.net> Matthieu Baerts | R&D
Engineer
matthieu.baerts(a)tessares.net
Tessares SA | Hybrid Access Solutions
www.tessares.net
1 Avenue Jean Monnet, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
<https://www.google.com/maps?q=1+Avenue+Jean+Monnet,+1348+Ottignies-Louvain-la-Neuve,+Belgium>

--

DISCLAIMER.
prohibited.

[-- Attachment #2: attachment.html --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 5233 bytes --]

* [MPTCP] Community Coordination
@ 2018-03-02 22:45 Mat Martineau
From: Mat Martineau @ 2018-03-02 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mptcp