* the Mail Archive is now (again) subscribed to this list...
@ 2017-03-03  9:50 Laszlo Ersek
       [not found] ` <f063d8b0-e6fc-b8db-00c2-8402acefd909-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>
From: Laszlo Ersek @ 2017-03-03  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: efi kernel list

... and so linux-efi finally has a public archive again (because GMANE
has been defunct for a while now):

  https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-efi-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA@public.gmane.org/

Whoever administers this list, please consider updating the info box at:

  http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-efi

--*--

As a side note, regarding

  "As of now, subscription support is not handled at the web!",

I would love to welcome Majordomo @ VGER.KERNEL.ORG to the 21st century,
if it only enabled web-based subscription (like practically all
pipermail / mailman2 instances do, while at the same time they do remain
sane, and resist the "web 2.0" idiocy).

I had to employ some "From:" hackery to subscribe the Mail Archive to
linux-efi <https://www.mail-archive.com/faq.html#newlist>, which,
combined with the extreme slowness of VGER.KERNEL.ORG, was decidedly
un-fun. (I'm lucky that the RH SMTP server didn't reject my "forged"
>From headers.)

Also, the info box at <http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-efi>
is almost entirely useless, it doesn't even tell me who runs linux-efi,
so that I could have contacted them in person, for adding the Mail
Archive directly to the subscriber list (a practice recommended by the
Mail Archive themselves, see the link above).

Examples:

"Qemu-devel list run by listhelper-moderate at nongnu.org"

"edk2-devel list run by michael.d.kinney at intel.com, laurie.jarlstrom
at intel.com, jordan.l.justen at intel.com, webmaster at 01.org"

"vfio-users list run by alwillia at redhat.com"

etc etc etc

* Re: the Mail Archive is now (again) subscribed to this list...
       [not found] ` <f063d8b0-e6fc-b8db-00c2-8402acefd909-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-03-04  8:02   ` Lukas Wunner
       [not found]     ` <20170304080222.GA3042-JFq808J9C/izQB+pC5nmwQ@public.gmane.org>
From: Lukas Wunner @ 2017-03-04  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laszlo Ersek; +Cc: efi kernel list, postmaster-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

On Fri, Mar 03, 2017 at 10:50:10AM +0100, Laszlo Ersek wrote:
> ... and so linux-efi finally has a public archive again (because GMANE
> has been defunct for a while now):
>
>   https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-efi-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA@public.gmane.org/

Thanks for doing this.

> Whoever administers this list, please consider updating the info box at:
>
>   http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-efi

[...]
> Also, the info box at <http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-efi>
> is almost entirely useless, it doesn't even tell me who runs linux-efi,
> so that I could have contacted them in person, for adding the Mail
> Archive directly to the subscriber list (a practice recommended by the
> Mail Archive themselves, see the link above).

It says postmaster-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA@public.gmane.org at the bottom of the page, so
adding that to cc.  If this doesn't work out, Konstantin Ryabitsev
<konstantin-hQyY1W1yCW8ekmWlsbkhG0B+6BGkLq7r@public.gmane.org> may be able to forward it to the
person responsible.

Best regards,

Lukas

@ 2017-03-04  9:24       ` Ard Biesheuvel
From: Ard Biesheuvel @ 2017-03-04  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lukas Wunner; +Cc: Laszlo Ersek, efi kernel list

On 4 March 2017 at 08:02, Lukas Wunner <lukas-JFq808J9C/izQB+pC5nmwQ@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 03, 2017 at 10:50:10AM +0100, Laszlo Ersek wrote:
>> ... and so linux-efi finally has a public archive again (because GMANE
>> has been defunct for a while now):
>>
>>   https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-efi-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA@public.gmane.org/
>
> Thanks for doing this.

+1

* linux-efi archive
       [not found] ` <f063d8b0-e6fc-b8db-00c2-8402acefd909-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-04-14  8:50   ` Lukas Wunner
       [not found]     ` <20170414085059.GA5508-JFq808J9C/izQB+pC5nmwQ@public.gmane.org>
From: Lukas Wunner @ 2017-04-14  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Konstantin Ryabitsev; +Cc: efi kernel list, Laszlo Ersek

Hi Konstantin,

On Fri, Mar 03, 2017 at 10:50:10AM +0100, Laszlo Ersek wrote:
> ... and so linux-efi finally has a public archive again (because GMANE
> has been defunct for a while now):
>
>   https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-efi-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA@public.gmane.org/
>
> Whoever administers this list, please consider updating the info box at:
>
>   http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-efi

The URL above still lists GMANE as archive for linux-efi, which no longer
works.  Could you replace this with the URL at mail-archive.com which was
kindly created by Laszlo Ersek?  In addition, there's another archive at:

    http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-efi/

I've cc'ed Laszlo's e-mail to postmaster-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA@public.gmane.org over a month ago
to no avail.

Thank you!

Lukas

> --*--
>
> As a side note, regarding
>
>   http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
>   "As of now, subscription support is not handled at the web!",
>
> I would love to welcome Majordomo @ VGER.KERNEL.ORG to the 21st century,
> if it only enabled web-based subscription (like practically all
> pipermail / mailman2 instances do, while at the same time they do remain
> sane, and resist the "web 2.0" idiocy).
>
> I had to employ some "From:" hackery to subscribe the Mail Archive to
> linux-efi <https://www.mail-archive.com/faq.html#newlist>, which,
> combined with the extreme slowness of VGER.KERNEL.ORG, was decidedly
> un-fun. (I'm lucky that the RH SMTP server didn't reject my "forged"
> From headers.)
>
> Also, the info box at <http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-efi>
> is almost entirely useless, it doesn't even tell me who runs linux-efi,
> so that I could have contacted them in person, for adding the Mail
> Archive directly to the subscriber list (a practice recommended by the
> Mail Archive themselves, see the link above).
>
> Examples:

> "Qemu-devel list run by listhelper-moderate at nongnu.org"

> "edk2-devel list run by michael.d.kinney at intel.com, laurie.jarlstrom
> at intel.com, jordan.l.justen at intel.com, webmaster at 01.org"

> "vfio-users list run by alwillia at redhat.com"
>
> etc etc etc

* Re: linux-efi archive
       [not found]     ` <20170414085059.GA5508-JFq808J9C/izQB+pC5nmwQ@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-04-17 21:49       ` Konstantin Ryabitsev
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev @ 2017-04-17 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lukas Wunner; +Cc: efi kernel list, Laszlo Ersek

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 10:50:59AM +0200, Lukas Wunner wrote:
>Hi Konstantin,
>
>On Fri, Mar 03, 2017 at 10:50:10AM +0100, Laszlo Ersek wrote:
>> ... and so linux-efi finally has a public archive again (because GMANE
>> has been defunct for a while now):
>>
>>   https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-efi-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA@public.gmane.org/
>>
>> Whoever administers this list, please consider updating the info box at:
>>
>>   http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-efi
>
>The URL above still lists GMANE as archive for linux-efi, which no longer
>works.  Could you replace this with the URL at mail-archive.com which was
>kindly created by Laszlo Ersek?  In addition, there's another archive at:
>
>    http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-efi/
>
>I've cc'ed Laszlo's e-mail to postmaster-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA@public.gmane.org over a month ago
>to no avail.

Kernel.org admins have no access to vger.kernel.org, so emailing
postmaster-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA@public.gmane.org remains your only course of action.

Best,
Konstantin