* Fwd: CanOpen stack
       [not found] <CAKvQZ_3=dUGXnbhXmce9RBZ3PTdrY_BcuqdiOnZdxSog_-63yg@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2011-12-21 15:56 ` Willy Lambert
From: Willy Lambert @ 2011-12-21 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-can

Hi all,

I wonder if it exists any CanOpen layer to plug on socketCan. I know
CanFestival, but it seems to be dying. Does any one of you know such a
project ? Is there any reason why a potential project could not be
mailined (expect of course the lack of people ) ?

* Re: Fwd: CanOpen stack
@ 2012-01-13 20:21   ` Sebastian Haas
From: Sebastian Haas @ 2012-01-13 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm not aware of anyone working on this.

If I understood you correctly you intend to bring the layer into the
kernel? What benefit do you expect from this?

I think most things can be modeled using the bcm (PDOs, heartbeats,
SYNC) in userspace with a good and reliable timing. Only SDOs might be
necessary to be implemented in kernel space (e.g. socket(AF_CAN,
CANOPEN_SDO). Or what do you think?

I'm interested to support your efforts as I want to support CANopen
anyway in restcan (https://github.com/sebi2k1/restcan).