* kernel.org binaries and sysroots
@ 2022-04-14 21:44 Nick Desaulniers
From: Nick Desaulniers @ 2022-04-14 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arnd Bergmann
  Cc: Jose E. Marchesi, clang-built-linux, Saleem Abdulrasool, LKML,
	Mark Rutland

Hi Arnd,
Jose and I are currently in the planning process to put together a
Kernel+Toolchain microconference track at Linux Plumbers Conference
this year (Sept 12-14) in Dublin, Ireland.

I was curious if you (or others) would find it worthwhile to carve out
time to discuss further kernel.org binaries (and potentially even
sysroots) at such a Kernel+Toolchain MC?
~Nick Desaulniers

* Re: kernel.org binaries and sysroots
@ 2022-04-18 21:20 ` Arnd Bergmann
From: Arnd Bergmann @ 2022-04-18 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Desaulniers
  Cc: Jose E. Marchesi, clang-built-linux, Saleem Abdulrasool, LKML,
	Mark Rutland

On Thu, Apr 14, 2022 at 11:44 PM Nick Desaulniers
<ndesaulniers@google.com> wrote:

> Hi Arnd,
> Jose and I are currently in the planning process to put together a
> Kernel+Toolchain microconference track at Linux Plumbers Conference
> this year (Sept 12-14) in Dublin, Ireland.
>
> I was curious if you (or others) would find it worthwhile to carve out
> time to discuss further kernel.org binaries (and potentially even
> sysroots) at such a Kernel+Toolchain MC?

I'm still undecided about attending Plumbers myself. If that topic ends up
on the list and I'm in Dublin, I would obviously attend, but there might not
actually be that much to discuss other than who would do the work.

I inherited the scripts from Tony Breeds who did it before. If you or someone
else wants to add clang binaries, I can help you get it onto the kernel.org
server as well, same for building more complete toolchains.

My build environment at the moment is on my old workstation running
an older Ubuntu 16.04 chroot, to allow building binaries for a large variety
of distros. As I'm moving to working purely on an arm64 workstation that
doesn't have this yet, I will likely have to revisit the way I'm building these
anyway for future releases.

      Arnd