* kernelci.org update - 2020-11-30 #minutes
@ 2020-11-30 19:51 Guillaume Tucker
From: Guillaume Tucker @ 2020-11-30 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelci

Summary of changes going into production

* Fix main kselftest build issues, remaining ones are likely due to kselftest
* Enable clang-10 builds on mainline
* Enable RISC-V builds with clang-11 on linux-next
* Enable initial subset of IGT tests on i915
* Fix boot bisection following callback data changes in recent versions of LAVA
* Fix Renesas board names due to devicetree changes after v5.4
* Update Renesas and CIP email settings (addresses, test plans)
* Change dove-cubox to mach mvebu
* Add lab-kontron with 2 initial devices and baseline-nfs test plan

Technical Steering Committee minutes - 2020-11-10

Special topic: Tekton

Tim and Trevor shared with us their recent experiments using Tekton.  It's
particularly interesting for KernelCI as we're facing on-going issues with
Jenkins while we're also leaning towards running more things in the Cloud.

* CI/CD framework for Kubernetes
* All in YAML, dashboard, CLI
* Setup: using kubeadm (not Minikube) single node rather than a proper cloud
  cluster
* Example: meta-python OE layer
  https://github.com/threexc/yocto-tekton
* See also: https://hub-preview.tekton.dev/
* Initial implementation (very rough):
  https://github.com/moto-timo/kernelci-core/tree/tekton/tekton

Technical Steering Committee minutes - 2020-11-17

Extra meeting: KCIDB

We spent an extra hour before the weekly to review the situation with KCIDB.

* how to get kernelci.org production data sent to KCIDB
  -> manage pool of open KCIDB connections as properties of Celery tasks
* review any known issues with KCIDB schema
  -> how to group results for generating email reports
* status of the various CI systems interested to send data
  -> send a regular (monthly?) email with status update
* plan to start sending email reports to public mailing lists
  -> get production kernelci.org native results in KCIDB
  -> work out any changes needed in the schema
  -> start with a minimal schema with required fields
  -> extend gradually and maybe drop “incomplete” data as submitters adjust

Main meeting

* KCIDB
  ARM now sending results to KCIDB playground
  Gentoo making progress, no results yet
  Renaming "revisions" to "checkouts" with origin-generated IDs and patchset

* Jenkins
  k8s runner issues, almost all jobs are timing out
  -> resolved by garbage collecting incomplete k8s jobs

* kci_build
  * Splitting “kci_build build_kernel” with new JSON format for intermediary
    state, potentially aligning with tuxmake to ease transition later on
  * Separate build logs for kselftest or anything “extra” other than kernel
    build

* LTP
  * ltp-ipc is now in production, other LAVA labs can run it
  * ltp-crypto is getting added next
    -> see with montjoie if his tests can be added to LTP crypto
    -> follow-up: they appear to be rather different things, can be both added
       separately and maybe consolidated together later on

* Tim's Tekton experiments
  * KubeCon is on now
    https://events.linuxfoundation.org/kubecon-cloudnativecon-north-america/?utm_source=kuberntes.io&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=KC_CNC_Virtual
  * cri-o/cri-o-runc/k8s/tekton-operator installed on debian-10 system (no
    flannel or calico container networking, just cri-o bridge networking)
  * The tekton operator makes it simple to install tekton:
    https://github.com/tektoncd/operator

* User Guide: initial version now available with example to add btrfs test plan

* backend: Login test case backend fixes now in production

* Build emails:
  https://github.com/kernelci/kernelci-core/issues/516
  “next/master build: 225 builds: 14 failed, 211 passed, 1097 errors, 458 warnings (next-20200924)”
  -> this may be due to the size of some of these emails, with a huge amount of
     Clang and kselftest warnings

* See also: Hardware to be added to BayLibre’s lab
  https://twitter.com/BayLibre/status/1328465742690275328

Technical Steering Committee minutes - 2020-11-24

* KCIDB
  * Worked more on designing KCIDB notification system this week, decided a
    custom solution would be complex and is better avoided.
  * Studied SQLAlchemy, which has a nice layered design. It seems to support
    BigQuery (as well as most of everything else), got through a tutorial.

* New test plans
  * Hardly any other lab than lab-collabora is running tests other than
    baseline.  Maybe each lab should take a look at what makes sense for them
    to run too (we now have 10 LAVA labs + 2 non-LAVA).
  * Ramping up LTP and kselftest

* kselftest
  Working on kselftests build and testing other kernel makefile options to
  selftests. Maybe all and merge can help to fix problems during build related
  to missing config and wrong headers directories.

Advisory Board minutes - 2020-11-11
===================================

* Short meeting with not all regular attendees
* Discussing how to better spread the load across the team

Advisory Board minutes - 2020-11-25
===================================

* Discussing roles in the project for the year ahead
* Reviewing Travis CI's new billing plans, looking for free alternatives
  https://blog.travis-ci.com/2020-11-02-travis-ci-new-billing
* Agreed to use the Azure and GCE clusters for Tekton experiments
* Planning blog post with roadmap and last year in review

Best wishes,
Guillaume

* Re: kernelci.org update - 2020-11-30 #minutes
@ 2020-11-30 19:58 ` Nick Desaulniers
From: Nick Desaulniers @ 2020-11-30 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelci, Guillaume Tucker

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 11:52 AM Guillaume Tucker
<guillaume.tucker@collabora.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> * Tim's Tekton experiments
>   * KubeCon is on now
>     https://events.linuxfoundation.org/kubecon-cloudnativecon-north-america/?utm_source=kuberntes.io&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=KC_CNC_Virtual
>   * cri-o/cri-o-runc/k8s/tekton-operator installed on debian-10 system (no
>     flannel or calico container networking, just cri-o bridge networking)
>   * The tekton operator makes it simple to install tekton:
>     https://github.com/tektoncd/operator
>
> * User Guide: initial version now available with example to add btrfs test plan
>
> * backend: Login test case backend fixes now in production
>
> * Build emails:
>   https://github.com/kernelci/kernelci-core/issues/516
>   “next/master build: 225 builds: 14 failed, 211 passed, 1097 errors, 458 warnings (next-20200924)”
>   -> this may be due to the size of some of these emails, with a huge amount of

These look resolved now (we landed a series of fixes for ld.lld-10
upstream), just received a build report email (likely "mid air
collision" on my last email and this one). Thanks!

> * See also: Hardware to be added to BayLibre’s lab
>   https://twitter.com/BayLibre/status/1328465742690275328
>

> Technical Steering Committee minutes - 2020-11-24
>
> * KCIDB
>   * Worked more on designing KCIDB notification system this week, decided a
>     custom solution would be complex and is better avoided.
>   * Studied SQLAlchemy, which has a nice layered design. It seems to support
>     BigQuery (as well as most of everything else), got through a tutorial.
>
> * New test plans
>   * Hardly any other lab than lab-collabora is running tests other than
>     baseline.  Maybe each lab should take a look at what makes sense for them
>     to run too (we now have 10 LAVA labs + 2 non-LAVA).
>   * Ramping up LTP and kselftest
>
> * kselftest
>   Working on kselftests build and testing other kernel makefile options to
>   selftests. Maybe all and merge can help to fix problems during build related
>   to missing config and wrong headers directories.
>

> Advisory Board minutes - 2020-11-11
> ===================================
>
> * Short meeting with not all regular attendees
> * Discussing how to better spread the load across the team
>

> Advisory Board minutes - 2020-11-25
>
> * Discussing roles in the project for the year ahead
> * Reviewing Travis CI's new billing plans, looking for free alternatives
>   https://blog.travis-ci.com/2020-11-02-travis-ci-new-billing
> * Agreed to use the Azure and GCE clusters for Tekton experiments
> * Planning blog post with roadmap and last year in review
>

> Best wishes,
> Guillaume

~Nick Desaulniers