* Big Endian mount/fsck failing
@ 2019-02-05 23:14 Rosen Penev
From: Rosen Penev @ 2019-02-05 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-f2fs-devel

It errors on

[ASSERT] (build_curseg:1529) array

looking at the surrounding code, it's a malloc of size 144 that fails.
No idea why.

Running f2fs-tools on a MIPS 74Kc router (TP-LINK Archer C7v2).

Mounting the device with mount results in a kernel panic or something
that causes out of memory issues. I don't have a serial console hooked
up to see.

This is with version 1.12.

* Re: Big Endian mount/fsck failing
@ 2019-02-15  8:36 ` Chao Yu
From: Chao Yu @ 2019-02-15  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rosen Penev, linux-f2fs-devel

On 2019/2/6 7:14, Rosen Penev wrote:
> It errors on
>
> [ASSERT] (build_curseg:1529) array
>
> looking at the surrounding code, it's a malloc of size 144 that fails.
> No idea why.

Could gdb work on your platform, maybe we can debug into it, and to check
the real size we allocate, if it is as we expect, I doubt that we run out
of memory? at that time, we can check memory usage of fsck and others...

> Running f2fs-tools on a MIPS 74Kc router (TP-LINK Archer C7v2).
>
> Mounting the device with mount results in a kernel panic or something

Do you have call stack?

Thanks,

@ 2019-02-15  8:39   ` Rosen Penev
From: Rosen Penev @ 2019-02-15  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chao Yu; +Cc: linux-f2fs-devel

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 12:36 AM Chao Yu <yuchao0@huawei.com> wrote:

> On 2019/2/6 7:14, Rosen Penev wrote:
> > It errors on
> >
> > [ASSERT] (build_curseg:1529) array
> >
> > looking at the surrounding code, it's a malloc of size 144 that fails.
> > No idea why.
>
> Could gdb work on your platform, maybe we can debug into it, and to check
> the real size we allocate, if it is as we expect, I doubt that we run out
> of memory? at that time, we can check memory usage of fsck and others...
it should. Not too sure how to use.

> > Running f2fs-tools on a MIPS 74Kc router (TP-LINK Archer C7v2).
> >
> > Mounting the device with mount results in a kernel panic or something
>
> Do you have call stack?
No. syslog is also useless as too many messages are written (4KB limit).