* v14.2.3 Nautilus released
@ 2019-09-04 13:45 Abhishek Lekshmanan
       [not found] ` <87v9u8dvjh.fsf-IBi9RG/b67k@public.gmane.org>
From: Abhishek Lekshmanan @ 2019-09-04 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-announce-Qp0mS5GaXlQ, ceph-maintainers-Qp0mS5GaXlQ,
	ceph-users-Qp0mS5GaXlQ, dev-a8pt6IJUokc,
	ceph-devel-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

This is the third bug fix release of Ceph Nautilus release series. This
release fixes a security issue. We recommend all Nautilus users upgrade
to this release. For upgrading from older releases of ceph, general
guidelines for upgrade to nautilus must be followed

Notable Changes
---------------
* CVE-2019-10222 - Fixed a denial of service vulnerability where an
  unauthenticated client of Ceph Object Gateway could trigger a crash from an
  uncaught exception
* Nautilus-based librbd clients can now open images on Jewel clusters.
* The RGW `num_rados_handles` has been removed. If you were using a value of
  `num_rados_handles` greater than 1, multiply your current
  `objecter_inflight_ops` and `objecter_inflight_op_bytes` parameters by the
  old `num_rados_handles` to get the same throttle behavior.
* The secure mode of Messenger v2 protocol is no longer experimental with this
  release. This mode is now the preferred mode of connection for monitors.
* "osd_deep_scrub_large_omap_object_key_threshold" has been lowered to detect an
  object with large number of omap keys more easily.

For a detailed changelog please refer to the official release notes
entry at the ceph blog: https://ceph.io/releases/v14-2-3-nautilus-released/

Getting Ceph
------------

* Git at git://github.com/ceph/ceph.git
* Tarball at http://download.ceph.com/tarballs/ceph-14.2.3.tar.gz
* For packages, see http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/install/get-packages/
* Release git sha1: 0f776cf838a1ae3130b2b73dc26be9c95c6ccc39

--
Abhishek Lekshmanan
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH

* Re: v14.2.3 Nautilus released
       [not found] ` <87v9u8dvjh.fsf-IBi9RG/b67k@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-09-04 13:52   ` Wesley Peng
From: Wesley Peng @ 2019-09-04 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abhishek Lekshmanan
  Cc: ceph-announce-Qp0mS5GaXlQ, ceph-devel-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA,
	ceph-maintainers-Qp0mS5GaXlQ, ceph-users-Qp0mS5GaXlQ,
	dev-a8pt6IJUokc